Double post sorry
    - Custom 1/10 BJ Baldwin TT - SCT410 - Mini Slash

RC Qualifier
    Lol your inbox is still full
    "That don't make NO sense!"

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by seanycool View Post
    Lol your inbox is still full
    Try again, I just figured out it was 46 of my sent messages lol, only has two now..

RC poster

dude these things are sweet

RC poster

oops sorry didn't make it into the last one

RC poster

sorry last one

RC Enthusiast
    So let me be the first to ask, don't mean to jack the thread, but as the name Bypass1 implies, the thing I see missing on the views if I see it correctly is the external bypass tube, with an adjuster. Kinda like Gmade's piggyback shocks in a way, only this would be waaaay better. Perhaps a 2 tube? Which brings another question, different shim stacks to change valving? I know Fox and Kin makes internal bypass shocks, as do some others, so will it really work with the internal setup with such a small shock? Would this be strictly a bypass and you would have to run a coil carrier as well? Again, sorry to jack this cool build thread, but if this is the real deal it is pertinent. I will even spec them on the Trophy Truck kits we have in the design works for that matter. For the curious, Google bypass shocks and you should see some interesting stuff. Check Fox, King, Bilstein Blackhawks to understand some of is being discussed. Here is a video of the King internal program:

http://youtu.be/nPa1KrbiEZM

RC Champion
    I think you may see more flipping with the battery that high.... No more room in the chassis?
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    I think you may see more flipping with the battery that high.... No more room in the chassis?
    With everything in there, there's really no were else to put it. I would put it up front behind the tower but that would cause it to nose dive terribly lol. I think it should be fine. How I had it before it sat a good inch higher than how I have it now.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by CyconXc View Post
    With everything in there, there's really no were else to put it. I would put it up front behind the tower but that would cause it to nose dive terribly lol. I think it should be fine. How I had it before it sat a good inch higher than how I have it now.

What if you relocated the radio to behind the tower and shoved the battery where the radio box was? Or would that be too much weight on one side?
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    What if you relocated the radio to behind the tower and shoved the battery where the radio box was? Or would that be too much weight on one side?
    Yeah don't think that'll work, there isn't enough room on that side for it to fit anyway... I'll give this way a shot, hopefully it works out.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC FAB View Post
    So let me be the first to ask, don't mean to jack the thread, but as the name Bypass1 implies, the thing I see missing on the views if I see it correctly is the external bypass tube, with an adjuster. Kinda like Gmade's piggyback shocks in a way, only this would be waaaay better. Perhaps a 2 tube? Which brings another question, different shim stacks to change valving? I know Fox and Kin makes internal bypass shocks, as do some others, so will it really work with the internal setup with such a small shock? Would this be strictly a bypass and you would have to run a coil carrier as well? Again, sorry to jack this cool build thread, but if this is the real deal it is pertinent. I will even spec them on the Trophy Truck kits we have in the design works for that matter. For the curious, Google bypass shocks and you should see some interesting stuff. Check Fox, King, Bilstein Blackhawks to understand some of is being discussed. Here is a video of the King internal program:

http://youtu.be/nPa1KrbiEZM

the bypass1 shock is just a piston kit for your existing shock FYI

if you look at the diagram there is a main piston and a little piston that fits under the main one but leaves the outer wholes exposed, when you are cycling the shock at a slow speed the lower piston does not flex leaving the inner wholes covered.
    but when you cycle the shock at a faster speed the lower piston will flex exposing the inner wholes preventing the shocks from acting rigid or "Bucking" on whoops and jumps. and the harder you hit the more the lower piston flexes letting it relieve more and more pressure.

You don't need to run a coil carrier it just allows more adjusting.

Hope this helped out if not just ask.

P.S. sorry for stealing your thread cycon

RC poster

this might help

RC Qualifier
    That's pretty interesting. I've never really seen any "packing" of my shocks except when refilling them and I accidentally cycle one to quickly, makes sense though.

RC Qualifier
    If you flip the MIP Bypass1 kit upside down, and run the weakest disk it allows you to get improved rebound more like a real SCT.

This is how I run them and they perform great!

If you are having problems with the shocks packing, you ether have to heavy of an oil in them, or your shocks have to small of a piston diameter for the weight you are trying to control.
    Or you may be running a piston with to few/ to small metering holes.

Ideally you want faster rebound then compression. Flipping the Bypass1 kit and installing 1 weak disk gives you this.

I showed this to a guy at my local track that was running the kit normally and he flipped it. He said the truck handled much better, and was faster as he was able to run slightly thicker oil and still keep the wheels planted on the rougher sections of the track.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert_Werner View Post
    P.S. sorry for stealing your thread cycon
    Haha you're not stealing, this is related to trophy trucks! It's interesting learning about bypass setups though, makes me want to try some!

RC poster
    Here's an update on the truck! Finally got started on building the cage. Decided on using 3/16 solid steel and when I'm done the cage should weigh around 2 & 1/2 lbs That should bring the truck's total weight just under 8 lbs.

I cleaned up the motor mount and also cut a notch in the brackets to make room for the chassis support that will attach under it.

Can't wait to finish it up!
    Hey bud can you explain everything that this front end is consisted of and if things are custom made like the top plate what are the measurements?
    thanks, kiel

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by kiel328- View Post
    Hey bud can you explain everything that this front end is consisted of and if things are custom made like the top plate what are the measurements?
    thanks, kiel
    Alright it's pretty simple, you just start off with a stock Slash 4x4 front end. After that I removed the front diff along with the drive-shafts to make from room for the dual shock setup I have. Everything else is stock.

Then you need to order the STRC lcg bulkhead to mount it to the chassis. The steering bellcrank then attaches from the bottom of the chassis adn through this bulkhead.
    http://www.teamstrc.com/index.php?ro...roduct_id=1130

You might not need one, but I made the top plate from 1/16th inch steel. I just took a small piece of lexan to plan out the holes and the shape. Then I just traced it onto the steel and cut it out.

RC poster
    Alright it's pretty simple, you just start off with a stock Slash 4x4 front end. After that I removed the front diff along with the drive-shafts to make from room for the dual shock setup I have. Everything else is stock.

Then you need to order the STRC lcg bulkhead to mount it to the chassis. The steering bellcrank then attaches from the bottom of the chassis adn through this bulkhead.
    http://www.teamstrc.com/index.php?ro...roduct_id=1130

You might not need one, but I made the top plate from 1/16th inch steel. I just took a small piece of lexan to plan out the holes and the shape. Then I just traced it onto the steel and cut it out.

alright sweet thank you and what are the dimensions on your chassis?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by kiel328- View Post
    alright sweet thank you and what are the dimensions on your chassis?
    No prob, here ya go...

RC Competitor
    CyconXc awesome build. Makes me want to build one in 4x4 and 2wd versions for myself and a couple more to give away as presents looks like I'll be building my presents to give away for the holiday's. I need to source some solid rear axles and stock pile some aluminum and steel to build these. Oh, and CyconXc thank you for posting the measurements.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BuiltFORDTuff View Post
    CyconXc awesome build. Makes me want to build one in 4x4 and 2wd versions for myself and a couple more to give away as presents looks like I'll be building my presents to give away for the holiday's. I need to source some solid rear axles and stock pile some aluminum and steel to build these. Oh, and CyconXc thank you for posting the measurements.
    Thanks man. I was hooked when I saw my first custom build too. You have your own shop?

RC Qualifier
    How is the cage coming along?

RC Qualifier
    How is the cage coming along?
    Nothing new yet. Been a little busy and I still have to order some more metal..

RC Qualifier
    Cool, what do you think about running a sidewinder 8th system in a tt like this? I think I might get one

RC Qualifier
    Cool, what do you think about running a sidewinder 8th system in a tt like this? I think I might get one
    I actually have thought about that. The only thing is I don't want to have to run 3s, just seems like it would cause too many problems with the axle/drive shaft. I don't know though, something to think about I guess.

RC Competitor
    Thanks man. I was hooked when I saw my first custom build too. You have your own shop?
    CyconXc, shoot I wish I had my own shop. I just have my parents garage to do all my custom builds in. I come from a big Classic/Muscle car family we do are own Engine Assemble after we have gotten it back from the machine shop, are own Body Work, and Some Painting we have a lot of tools basic Hand/Power tools along with a little more than basic work bench setup vice/drill press/grinder-buffing wheels and a soldering station. We also have many specialty tools for car body work and engine repairs. We have a couple air compressors Small/Large along with some spray guns, parts washing cabinet, sand blasting cabinet along with a 20 gallon sand blast tank. I think the only thing we are missing is a Milling Machine/Lathe. the tools I mostly use for my RC work is the small compressor, drill press or Dremel tool, small hacksaw, jewelers files, and an airbrush spray booth for 1/24th-1/25th model car's that is big enough to spray an a short course body in. So I guest you could say I do have a decent personal shop. The last bit of aluminum I had on hand I used for an 1/8th scale converted VXL Stampede build I did about a 2.5 years ago. I can finely start a new project and finish it in a reasonable time now that I have graduated from College and I don't have to worry about homework or test's. I just want to say thanks again CyconXc for this idea.

RC Qualifier
    CyconXc, shoot I wish I had my own shop. I just have my parents garage to do all my custom builds in. I come from a big Classic/Muscle car family we do are own Engine Assemble after we have gotten it back from the machine shop, are own Body Work, and Some Painting we have a lot of tools basic Hand/Power tools along with a little more than basic work bench setup vice/drill press/grinder-buffing wheels and a soldering station. We also have many specialty tools for car body work and engine repairs. We have a couple air compressors Small/Large along with some spray guns, parts washing cabinet, sand blasting cabinet along with a 20 gallon sand blast tank. I think the only thing we are missing is a Milling Machine/Lathe. the tools I mostly use for my RC work is the small compressor, drill press or Dremel tool, small hacksaw, jewelers files, and an airbrush spray booth for 1/24th-1/25th model car's that is big enough to spray an a short course body in. So I guest you could say I do have a decent personal shop. The last bit of aluminum I had on hand I used for an 1/8th scale converted VXL Stampede build I did about a 2.5 years ago. I can finely start a new project and finish it in a reasonable time now that I have graduated from College and I don't have to worry about homework or test's. I just want to say thanks again CyconXc for this idea.
    No problem, that's the reason I made a thread, to help inspire others. But jeez, sounds like I need to move in with you! I would say that's more than a decent shop haha, you have all the goodies! Wish we had a sand blaster though, because I'm gonna need one when I'm ready to paint my chassis. Anyway, sounds like you're experienced with with a lot of things. Especially cutting aluminum, so that knocks out half the trouble. And congrats about graduating man, I start my freshman year the fall!!

RC Competitor
    No problem, that's the reason I made a thread, to help inspire others. But jeez, sounds like I need to move in with you! I would say that's more than a decent shop haha, you have all the goodies! Wish we had a sand blaster though, because I'm gonna need one when I'm ready to paint my chassis. Anyway, sounds like you're experienced with with a lot of things. Especially cutting aluminum, so that knocks out half the trouble. And congrats about graduating man, I start my freshman year the fall!!
    CyconXc, Yeah I grew up around cars and before the RC thing I built 1/24th-1/25th scale model cars. I made the jump to RC's my junior year of High school back '05. I wish you luck man. What's your major? Mine was Auto Body Collision repair and General Automotive Technician Hope you can get the classes you need with out any trouble. I wish I would have took some drafting and design classes along with some engineering courses to so that way I could have made my own parts using the schools small parts CNC machine/CAD software/Mills and Lathe's they had. That would be great to slap this truck done on the Professors table and this is my semester project or jest to show it off. But, anyways good luck in the fall.
    Last edited by BuiltFORDTuff; 06-22-2014 at 12:25 PM.

RC poster
    Can I have the guide please CyconXc?

RC Qualifier
    CyconXc, Yeah I grew up around cars and before the RC thing I built 1/24th-1/25th scale model cars. I made the jump to RC's my junior year of High school back '05. I wish you luck man. What's your major? Mine was Auto Body Collision repair and General Automotive Technician Hope you can get the classes you need with out any trouble. I wish I would have took some drafting and design classes along with some engineering courses to so that way I could have made my own parts using the schools small parts CNC machine/CAD software/Mills and Lathe's they had. That would be great to slap this truck done on the Professors table and this is my semester project or jest to show it off. But, anyways good luck in the fall.
    Ah that's cool man. I plan to major in motion media, but who knows, it may change But making one of these for a semester long project would be so sick! You're pretty much creating a product start to finish. Planning, designing, and executing takes a lot of hard work and patience.

Quote Originally Posted by N82002 View Post
    Can I have the guide please CyconXc?
    Just send me a PM w/ your email and I'll get it to yah!

RC poster

RC Qualifier
    Alright just sent it

RC poster
    wouldn't the width be 8 in. not 8 1/2 in because if the bottom is 7 in. and there is a 1/2 on each side that would add up to 8 in. or there could be 3/4 in. on each side of the 7in. and that would add up to 8 1/2 in.
    No prob, here ya go...

Last edited by N82002; 07-02-2014 at 12:06 PM.

RC Qualifier
    wouldn't the width be 8 in. not 8 1/2 in because if the bottom is 7 in. and there is a 1/2 on each side that would add up to 8 in. or there could be 3/4 in. on each side of the 7in. and that would add up to 8 1/2 in.
    I guess I had a brain fart. The sides should have been 3/4 in. But for anyone doing a normal chassis it would just be a square shape, without those angled sides. 8 & 1/2 might be wide for most bodies though, this was made to fit the Chevy Silverado.

RC Qualifier
    I guess I had a brain fart. The sides should have been 3/4 in. But for anyone doing a normal chassis it would just be a square shape, without those angled sides. 8 & 1/2 might be wide for most bodies though, this was made to fit the Chevy Silverado.
    How wide is the silverado body on the bottom? That's the body I plan on getting in the future.

RC Qualifier
    How wide is the silverado body on the bottom? That's the body I plan on getting in the future.
    In the center of the chassis it's 9 & 1/2 and the fenders are right around 11. It's pretty wide. Not sure if I'm going to use the narrowed mold or just make a completely new one out of fiber glass

RC poster
    Thanks what would you sugest doing a square chasis or angled
    Quote Originally Posted by cyconxc View Post
    i guess i had a brain fart. The sides should have been 3/4 in. But for anyone doing a normal chassis it would just be a square shape, without those angled sides. 8 & 1/2 might be wide for most bodies though, this was made to fit the chevy silverado.

RC Qualifier
    He's only doing an angled chassis because of well, I'm not completely sure, but he's welding a cage. I used a square just fine, there's more space than with an angled one.

RC Qualifier
    He's only doing an angled chassis because of well, I'm not completely sure, but he's welding a cage. I used a square just fine, there's more space than with an angled one.
    It's just preference. I suggest you just keep it simple and just do a squared shape. I decided to angle the sides to copy his chassis shape: