Thread: EVX2 problems

RC poster

EVX2 problems

Hy guys first of all i am sorry for any grammar issues because i am a hungarian from romania

So i have a Summit and i love it. It is a very cool truck i had many HPI cars because in my city i have only a HPI dealer but the Summit rocks!

Yesterday when i went for a little rc session with my friends i started my Summit and in 5 meters it stopped. Servos worked but motor didn`t. i checked wires pulled out my batteries and changed them betwen them and when i started the truck it worked a few seconds and stopped again. I thaught it was some battery problem i changed the batteries but nothing. My ESC-s led was blinking red. What was strange i use the ESC in NIMH mode because the LVD kicked in to early and i didn`t like it. So i used two lipos with a buzzer for low voltage. I made a binding but nothing. After that i put the esc in LIPO mode and activeted LVD and the car started. I remade binding and RX/TX settings but when i put the ESC in NIMH mode (i mean LVD deactivated) then the red led is blinking. That day i used the Summit in LVD mode activated and i drowe it more than an hour, when LVD kicked in (to early and i dont like it) and cut the power down to 50% i tried again to deactivate LVD and still nothing, red led blinking and no power to motor servos are working fine. When i went home i charged my batteries i tried with my stock NIMH and still nothing, in LVD mode is everything ok but when i deactivate LVD no power to motor. I tried another TXRX (spectrum) but same problem.

Anybody had this problem? what should i try? I do not have any official traxxas dealers in my country so traxxas support and warranty isnt a solution.

I made a video to of the problem and i will be posting it soon.

RC poster
    here is the Youtube link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba611Vnjbno

RC Qualifier
    I dont think you can deactivate LVD when it has kicked in
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    In the end there the motor is spinning... nothing else is.

Check your slipper, pinion, and mesh with the spur.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by JoelRobbo View Post
    I dont think you can deactivate LVD when it has kicked in
    I know that. And the problem isnt that. I had my batteriea fully charged at the moment of the video. And the red led blinking is not the lvd kicking in because the ESC is in nimh mode lvd deactivated. If i activate lvd everithing is ok.
    My problem is if i deactivate lvd esc isnt working led red blinking and i have no power to motor only servos and lights work.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    In the end there the motor is spinning... nothing else is.

Check your slipper, pinion, and mesh with the spur.
    No there is no problem there. If you look carefully u can see the dogbones spin. My problem is if i deactivate lvd then i have no power to motor, only servos and lights work.

If lvd active when i start my esc les is green if i use the car lvd kicks in lvd blinking red and i have 50%power after that if i use it more then esc shuts down motor power that is normal. I know that. But if i deactivate lvd led red was shining and i used the lipos with a buzzer for voltage control. Now if i start esc in lvd mode deactivated red led starts to blink and i do not have power to motor.