RC poster

New car to me, battery issue

I just picked up a Snap-On Revo Brushless from a friend. He says he only ran it 2 or 3 times, it looks brand new. He says that it will only go about 35mph and only one of the batteries drains but both are plugged in. The car is all stock, including batteries.

I'm new to these cars, any idea why it may be doing that? Does he just have it plugged in wrong? Can you plug in the batteries the wrong way coming from the ESC? Maybe one of the batteries is just dead?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Lil

could be a dead battery, not really a wrong way to plug in the battery's if you still have the Traxxas connectors.

needs some lipos........pm coming
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilbomb View Post
    I just picked up a Snap-On Revo Brushless from a friend. He says he only ran it 2 or 3 times, it looks brand new. He says that it will only go about 35mph and only one of the batteries drains but both are plugged in. The car is all stock, including batteries.

I'm new to these cars, any idea why it may be doing that? Does he just have it plugged in wrong? Can you plug in the batteries the wrong way coming from the ESC? Maybe one of the batteries is just dead?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Lil
    If its the E-Revo Brushless Edition I guarantee you it goes way faster than 35. You will need to get some LiPo's if it didn't come with any. NiMH's are notorious for just being plain terrible.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Champion
    Stock out of the box 35mph is about right.
    If they are NIMH batteries they arent quite up to the task of an ERBE.
    It could be possible for one to drain faster than the other depending on the internal impedence of the packs. The higher impedence pack will act as a load on the lower. Effectively both are discharging but part of the lower impedence packs discharge is recharging the higher. This is why its always recommended to run packs of the same manufacturer, age and C rating so the individual cell impedence will be close to the same across all cells. The higher impedence pack also acts as a current limiter of the circuit as a whole.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
    Stock out of the box 35mph is about right.
    If they are NIMH batteries they arent quite up to the task of an ERBE.
    It could be possible for one to drain faster than the other depending on the internal impedence of the packs. The higher impedence pack will act as a load on the lower. Effectively both are discharging but part of the lower impedence packs discharge is recharging the higher. This is why its always recommended to run packs of the same manufacturer, age and C rating so the individual cell impedence will be close to the same across all cells. The higher impedence pack also acts as a current limiter of the circuit as a whole.
    +1 all this! And try to go LiPo ASAP. You need a special charger for them, but in this hobby the LiPo experience is 1000% better than NiMh
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

Yeah mate...+1 on Lipos. It's a whole new experience...
    Rock n Rolla !