RC Enthusiast

pro-line masher/desperado wheel question

I am looking at getting this set:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pro-Line-118...item5aedf81ab0

A. I assume these are the correct sizes for a new Revo 3.3?

B. What could I expect to need to do with the gearing in the transmission as a result of putting these on?

Thanks!

Trev

RC Qualifier
    A. Yes those will fit
    B. You can expect to lose some off the line snap. The tires are 6.6" tall. I didnt do anything tranny wise, I ended up up going with a 40t spur and a 14t clutch bell and upgraded to the HD Alum. Slipper clutch. It will give you the off the line snap back but you will sacrifice a little bit on the top end.

They are big beastly tires and they are awesome in the snow.I like them they look mean and preform awesome. Post pictures if you decide to get them.
    " You just got passed by a Traxxas"

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by NvDesertRat96 View Post
    A. Yes those will fit
    B. You can expect to lose some off the line snap. The tires are 6.6" tall. I didnt do anything tranny wise, I ended up up going with a 40t spur and a 14t clutch bell and upgraded to the HD Alum. Slipper clutch. It will give you the off the line snap back but you will sacrifice a little bit on the top end.

They are big beastly tires and they are awesome in the snow.I like them they look mean and preform awesome. Post pictures if you decide to get them.
    I just ordered them! I will post pics when they arrive. I will be putting these on along with:

RPM Control Arms
    RPM Axle Carriers
    Tekno Sway bar kit

Any other suggestions?

Trev

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by NvDesertRat96 View Post
    A. Yes those will fit

Also, I see the HD aluminum Slipper, but do I need to also order the Slipper Pressure Plate and Hub (Alloy)?

Trev

RC Qualifier
    Sorry just seen this. Use kit 5352R you wont use everything in the kit. Pay attention when you put the washer on. They are actually cupped and act as a spring. So read the directions very carefully.

RC Enthusiast
    I ordered that Kit as well as the HD Aluminum Slipper and the Slippers Pressure Plate and Hub (Alloy)

I am sure I duplicated parts or ordered too much, but oh well...better than being short what I need...

Are the directions pretty clear?

RC Qualifier
    yeah the directions are pretty clear. If i remember right it shows a pic of the washers.

RC Racer
    oh yeah twiskus, you might want to invest in the vented disk brake...just saying huge improvement in braking power