Thread: Steering,

RC Qualifier

Steering,

Well today while bashing i would hear a weird noise from time to time. The car could be sitting still and it made weird noise. It was coming from the servo and i notice its harder to turn. Can i pull these apart and inspect. What's a good servo to go to?

watch the vid at the end of this post

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post5365704
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    Hmm, good video, i took it apart becore watching video and found my servo to be broke, the part that the screw goes in to was snapped, i had a extra sevo so put it in.

So do you suggest i leave the dual servos or get a good high end single setup.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Get a good single one. Faster response and stronger too
    I am running a hitec 7950th worth the extra money over a savox

RC Champion
    Oh man that servo comes at a steep price. For that price I wish it was waterproof.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    Get a good single one. Faster response and stronger too
    I am running a hitec 7950th worth the extra money over a savox
    If i go with a single servo setup what is all needed to convert..i want to make this a tuff basher..

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Go for the strc single sided servo saver and hd spring
    http://www.teamstrc.com/index.php?ro...product_id=149

7950 has 8 o rings for water/dust/fuel protection. I would call it water resistant
    Much better then my power hungry twitchy 1231 savox!
    Last edited by 50togo; 02-25-2013 at 12:17 AM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr8cture View Post
    Oh man that servo comes at a steep price. For that price I wish it was waterproof.
    If you didnt like that one then you wont like what I run either.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...rvo-Metal-Gear

When it comes to servos this part falls into the category of...you get what you pay for....
    You want good, fast, high torque, reliable, quiet and smooth? Go with JR or Hitech.
    You want to save money and can sacrifice what is mentioned above and can deal with slow, loud, power hungry, fails to center and still breaks titanium gears? Go with Savox.

The part 50 mentioned is needed but unfortunately they dont sell the single arm as a kit so you have to buy that kit and get one of these.

http://www.teamstrc.com/index.php?ro...product_id=151
    Last edited by JustinThyme; 02-25-2013 at 06:25 AM.

A HV single servo is nice to have a lot of torque, & plenty of speed. Might not be a draw back but you really should (need) to use an external 10 amp BEC, to get the full potential from the servo. If you are happy with the stock 2075 keep'm. I still use the 2075 on two of my trucks....
    I have the 7950th in the Summit, Savox in two Revos. All needed a Ext BEC. I was thinking the Savox wouldn't need one, but I was wrong......I was getting brown out.......

RC Qualifier
    What is a bec and how much do they cost??

I really want to go to the single powerfull servo. I just took one of my servos apart and broke teeth..

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Castle-Creat...item2326edd51a

With a bec you bypass the weak internal bec that powers the servo. It connects directly to the battery providing direct power

RC Qualifier
    Okay, man I'm new to all this so i have to solder that to the batterie connector? Its there a servo i can get that does not require this?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 87 GN View Post
    A HV single servo is nice to have a lot of torque, & plenty of speed. Might not be a draw back but you really should (need) to use an external 10 amp BEC, to get the full potential from the servo. If you are happy with the stock 2075 keep'm. I still use the 2075 on two of my trucks....
    I have the 7950th in the Summit, Savox in two Revos. All needed a Ext BEC. I was thinking the Savox wouldn't need one, but I was wrong......I was getting brown out.......
    That problem is inherant to the Savox. A Hitech or JR wont do that.

To get the full advantage of HV you do either need a BEC or what I did was run the power directly off of a 2s balancing plug.

Those that install a BEC either wire it directly to the ESC or from one or both battery battery leads. If you wire off of a single battery be sure to wire to the battery that is most negative, being the one that connects to the ESCs negative terminal.

If you get a Hitech or JR HV servo and run it a nominal internal BEC voltage you lose around 20% of the torque and speed over using the full voltage but its still plenty most of the time.
    Last edited by JustinThyme; 02-26-2013 at 08:14 AM.

RC Qualifier
    i run the savox 1230 and haven't had any problems yet.i turned up my internal bec to 6.0v and all is good so far but all this negative talk about it has me worried.what jr would you guys recommend that i don't have to add an external bec.what about the hitec 7080th do you have to run an external bec i would be ok with losing 20% not to run one