RC Enthusiast

picked up new revo 3.3

so i was looking around on craigslist when i came across a newer revo 3.3 talked to the guy and he said he would take 120 so i want and got it had some problems with the ez start so i went to the pull start

the truck was running but would stall i then replaced the header and put the old exhaust on it and go it running then it died so i cant get it back started and i dont no how tight to put the glow plug and to properly star it

should i re tune it?

RC Qualifier
    Never hurts to start back over and reset the tune. Also check to make sure the fuel system is air tight. Ive learned it doesnt take much of a air leak to cause lean stall problems. The glow plugs should be hand tight. Screw down till it stops then just snug it up. You may want to start with a new glow plug too. When cranking over the engine put your finger over the exhaust pipe till the fuel reaches the carb. Dont do this to long or youll flood it.
    " You just got passed by a Traxxas"

RC Racer
    also since it is used, try replacing the fuel line, if it sits for a couple years the fuel line can get gummed up so it can make starting it alot eisier

RC Enthusiast
    but it seems like if the plug is to tight the pull start is just to hard to pull

RC Enthusiast
    so should i got get a new plug and then reset the tune

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by revoMoNsTa View Post
    I would maybe even try a diff brand plug.
    " You just got passed by a Traxxas"

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by revoMoNsTa View Post
    A new plug is always a great start, and if its seems hard to pull when the plug is in, you may possibly have the wrong length plug (assume nothing is right...its used) or the previous owner put a ridiculously wrong "temperature" plug in it..... or you simply just don't have the washer on it and its going in too far and hitting the piston..... be careful, patient, and look at exploded views..
    btw, if you've never had a properly working e-z start then i'd highly recommend it, makes nitro quick and easy when its all working good!
    It could be bigger problems, or more simple ones but imo 9 times outta 10 its a plug if the rest of the system is mechanically sound..
    good luck, keep us posted

RC Enthusiast
    went to the LHS they told me need a new carb and really need to just rebuild the whole truck

RC Racer
    before you do that get a secound opinion if you can cuz they might just be trying to get the money out of you, cuz telling you that you need the engine rebuilt versus a new plug means a huge diffence in the money they are bringing into the store