Thread: RPM skid plate

RC Competitor

RPM skid plate

i just wrote email to RPM asking if they plan making any skid plates in the near future. you guys should do same! if we`re lots asking for it, maybe we`ll have some soon hehe
    ERBE
    SLASH 4X4

RC Competitor
    Who knows.. We might get something soon!! Here is the answer i got from them

At present, there aren't any plans for Revo skid plates, although that can change at any time. Please continue to be patient with us and with a little luck, hopefully we'll have something for you in the not too distant future.
    Take care and thank you for your interest and support of RPM products. If you have any other questions or comments, please feel free to send us another e-mail.
    ERBE
    SLASH 4X4

RC Qualifier
    awesome!! I'd get on one of them

If they decide to make some bulkheads let us know!
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Their plastic is too flexible for bulkheads

RC Qualifier
    T-Bone skid plates are pretty cool. I like them. What's wrong with stock though? I bought the T-Bone skids because they are wider and should help in sand and terrain that has sticks and roots.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by 65535 View Post
    T-Bone skid plates are pretty cool. I like them. What's wrong with stock though? I bought the T-Bone skids because they are wider and should help in sand and terrain that has sticks and roots.
    T-bone is nice, but it does bumper with it and for me i think its ugly... If i was going monster truck body with it might look better. I like my RPM bumper better
    ERBE
    SLASH 4X4

Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    Their plastic is too flexible for bulkheads
    Not for me, I am sure they could put in some inserts for the threads. I don't race or do high speed runs, I just don't want broken bulkheads.

Sent from my Torch!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by rjm2519 View Post
    Not for me, I am sure they could put in some inserts for the threads. I don't race or do high speed runs, I just don't want broken bulkheads.

Sent from my Torch!
    If you had RPM bulkhead you'd probably break diffs or something worse.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier
    I'm not even sure how you break a bulkhead. Though my hard jumps are in sand which is nice because it has give.

RPM bulks would probably strip out way too easily.

RC Champion
    Well if you go off High jumps onto flat landing and bottom out alot it wouldn't be too hard.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Rpm flexes and you want as close to zero flex in a diff or it will strip the ring gear

I like how the t bone ties up the two lower skid plates together never liked them separate and no I don't really care for the look of them but if it helps save my bulkhead I am all for it

RC Champion
    Rpm flexes and you want as close to zero flex in a diff or it will strip the ring gear

I like how the t bone ties up the two lower skid plates together never liked them separate and no I don't really care for the look of them but if it helps save my bulkhead I am all for it
    I actually don't mind the look of the tbone. I might get it but then again I wanna make a more realistic looking monster truck so probably proline ridgeline bumpers for me.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier
    If you want a true to life monster look the Revo is the wrong truck.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 65535 View Post
    If you want a true to life monster look the Revo is the wrong truck.
    I didn't say scale. I'm gonna throw a truck body on it and masher tires with those bumpers.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

If memory serves the diff has its own case, and it just kind of floats in the bulkheads anyway. To be honest I don't know how the bulkheads on my truck broke, I bought the roller that way. Lol! It just wasn't fun changing them. I am sure rpm isn't limited to a single type of plastic they could always change it up for a high volume part.

Sent from my Torch!