RC Enthusiast

Another e-z start issue need your opinion new guy here

So I have a newer revo about a gallon through it

Recently when I go to start for the first time of the day I get what you see in video eventually it starts

If I shut down and go to start again starts right up.

On a side note may be related the glowplugs are going bad quick. Turning a dark color that mean 2 rich???
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TST...e_gdata_player

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

RC Qualifier
    your video is set to private
    " You just got passed by a Traxxas"

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by NvDesertRat96 View Post
    your video is set to private
    Hey sorry should be fixed now.

RC Qualifier
    One way bearing slipping.You can try and clean it out with denatured alcohol and re oil with light oil.if that doesn't work replace it.
    nutty like a squirrel turd....!!!!!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by froggymaxx View Post
    One way bearing slipping.You can try and clean it out with denatured alcohol and re oil with light oil.if that doesn't work replace it.
    Thanks had a hint of it being that from what I searched but again very new to this so new don't even know where this part is but I'm sure the exploded views will help me greatly

Thanks for taking time to watch video and form the quick assist

RC Enthusiast
    I cleaned it oiled it and its working like a charm.

Can u reccomend a good upgrade for slipper clutch for some reason I've had had luck and pads keep disappearing any way to prevent this

Traxxas Employee Texas Wheelman's Avatar
    Slipper - Spin your spur and look for a short stub coming out of the other side of where the spur gear is, with a hole through the stub. It should turn with the spur gear. Put an allen wrench or something in the hole so it can't turn, and then try to turn the spur gear. You're basically making the slipper clutch slip. It should be VERY difficult to turn the gear, almost cutting your skin with the teeth of the spur gear. If it won't turn, it's too tight, and you might strip teeth. If it turns easily, it's too loose, and will slip a lot, causing the pads to wear quickly and loosen up as a result, and flinging them out. Usually once you have it adjusted right, you can check it periodically to make sure it hasn't loosened up, and catch it before it gets too loose.

If you want the upgrade, it's 5352R for the part number. It uses aluminum pads. It came around when the brushless monster trucks came out, due to the hard acceleration from low RPM that they are capable of. Nitros have to rev up and as a result they put their power down more gradually, so are a bit easier on the drivetrain.
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood.

RC Enthusiast
    Yea k so I think my mistake is checking it once in a while then it gets too loose.

Will lock tite help the situation you think

Traxxas Employee Texas Wheelman's Avatar
    You shouldn't need thread lock on the nut, since it's a locknut with a nylon locking ring. If that nylon locking ring has already worn out and the nut won't stay where it's supposed to, then you can use thread lock to get by until you get a new nut. Most of the time it's not the nut getting loose, but the pads slipping and wearing down. Count the threads from the end of the shaft to the nut to see before and after if it loosened up.
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood.

RC Enthusiast
    Ahh that makes sense duhh haha

So then aluminum pads should wear slower??

Think I'll just check it before every time I run. 3rd time needed to replace pads since i bought truck new put 1 gallon through. Thanks for your help learning a lot about this truck. I love it

RC Competitor
    I have never had to replace the slipper pads on any of the several revos that I have had. I would say that your slipper is to louse. U can do what the Texas Wheelman said to check the slipper or what I do... put the truck on the ground not in dirt but something with good traction, if you roll the truck backwards or forwards one of these directions the spur gear will move. So lets just say it is backwards for the spur gear to move, now put your thumb on the clutch bell and spur gear. Now with your thumb in place roll the truck backwards this should suck your thumb down in the gears and stop them from moving and if the slipper is louse the gears wont spin but the nut will. Tighten the slipper nut just a little 1/8 turn and recheck. When you can do this test and the tires slide or your thumb is screaming and the slipper does not slip you should be good.