RC Competitor

Spec slash question!

Whats the first thing I should do when I unbox my slash to race spec slash.
    I was told I could use any rpm upgrade
    Just no changing motor esc or servo.

So my question is. What should I change first.
    Im thinking diff oil.
    Shock oil
    Shock springs

Anyone have some imput?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3- This thing has Tekin Hotwire

RC Qualifier
    what slash are you getting or have

RC Competitor
    The f150 brushed edition with 2.4 ghz raido and battery. I have lipos and all that. And am an experienced racer. But wanting a "fun" class

RC Qualifier
    I've heard of people running lipos on the brushed motor but I wouldn't recommend it, but if you're just trying to have fun and bash definitely rpm upgrades, I'm running 2wd slash velineon system and a lot was breaking since I bash it hard these are the upgrades I have and it can take a beating now, rpm a-arms all around, go either TRX or STRC aluminum casters, proline pro2 hardened steel or STRC hardened steel hinge pins(the stock 1s bend so easily, traxxas big bores, rpm skidplates, I'm running rpm rear carriers but aluminum might be a better choice, and you don't have to worry about this w/ a brushed motor but w/ my velineon I've tore apart 2 driveshafts right now I have a new pair of stock 1s but when I upgrade it's either 4x4 drive shafts they're more beefy, mip driveshafts, but I'm going w/ tekno driveshaft kit billybones recommended them and pretty much said they're nearly bulletproof

RC Competitor
    Well I ran the xl5 and titan 12 in my sct for awhile. But then moved to brushless. Had that titan for about 5months running everyday on lipo.. never a problem.

RC Qualifier
    To answer your question... What you listed is really good. Shock oils, toe and camber, Lipo would be a good start. Look into tire upgrades my track has a list of allowed tires for spec class that they let us use. Look into that if your track has something like that. Oh and mounting points for your shocks always help.
    2wd slash, PL LCG, CC 3800, Powerstrokes, S6040

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by XRated View Post
    I've heard of people running lipos on the brushed motor but I wouldn't recommend it, but if you're just trying to have fun and bash definitely rpm upgrades, I'm running 2wd slash velineon system and a lot was breaking since I bash it hard these are the upgrades I have and it can take a beating now, rpm a-arms all around, go either TRX or STRC aluminum casters, proline pro2 hardened steel or STRC hardened steel hinge pins(the stock 1s bend so easily, traxxas big bores, rpm skidplates, I'm running rpm rear carriers but aluminum might be a better choice, and you don't have to worry about this w/ a brushed motor but w/ my velineon I've tore apart 2 driveshafts right now I have a new pair of stock 1s but when I upgrade it's either 4x4 drive shafts they're more beefy, mip driveshafts, but I'm going w/ tekno driveshaft kit billybones recommended them and pretty much said they're nearly bulletproof
    He can't do any upgrades to the drive shafts. He wants to race spec class.........

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDonJuan View Post
    To answer your question... What you listed is really good. Shock oils, toe and camber, Lipo would be a good start. Look into tire upgrades my track has a list of allowed tires for spec class that they let us use. Look into that if your track has something like that. Oh and mounting points for your shocks always help.
    Thanks!
    My tires can be changed but only to stock slash tires from any slash. 4x4 or 2wd.

And ill dial it in at the track when they put it back up!
    Im ready for march first

Your track has a lot to do with it,If it's a ROAR approved track,you cant even run the 17.5 speck motor anymore.
    Out of the box means,out of the box.
    I would first ask your track officials,if they run by ROAR rules.
    And no stock two wheel drive slash, comes with a sealed diff.
    And changing the springs is no longer stock,oil weight's and spacer blocks yes,the blocks come in the box.
    Last edited by billy-bones; 02-24-2013 at 12:51 PM.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by billy-bones View Post
    Your track has a lot to do with it,If it's a ROAR approved track,you cant even run the 17.5 speck motor anymore.
    Out of the box means,out of the box.
    I would first ask your track officials,if they run by ROAR rules.
    And no stock two wheel drive slash, comes with a sealed diff.
    And changing the springs is no longer stock,oil weight's and spacer blocks yes,the blocks come in the box.
    Its a spec slash class... not out of the box class.... read above posts please.

The 17.5 was a speck motor.
    I don't have time for ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcking112 View Post

Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by billy-bones View Post
    The 17.5 was a speck motor.
    I don't have time for ignorance.
    "Spec slash class " is normally a class with the stock BRUSHED electronics.
    Cheap. Easy. Fun.
    Thanks for your ignorance.

The f150 brushed edition with 2.4 ghz raido and battery. I have lipos and all that. And am an experienced racer. But wanting a "fun" class

Whats the first thing I should do when I unbox my slash to race spec slash.
    I was told I could use any rpm upgrade
    Just no changing motor esc or servo.

So my question is. What should I change first.
    Im thinking diff oil.
    Shock oil
    Shock springs

Anyone have some imput?

If you're wanting a "fun" class, this ain't it! And your own posts are just more reinforcement to that statement. You say that you can add and RPM parts, correct? Since when did RPM start selling diff oil, shock oil, or shock springs? You're already trying to cheat and haven't even taken the truck out of the box yet.

Trust me on this. I raced spec Slash for a couple years and dominated at it. I was probably the only one who had an actual "spec" truck because all eyes were on me for winning every week. Yet almost every other racer who was crying and pointing fingers were the ones cutting tires, changing parts, cranking Titans, and so-on.

Oh and billy is right. Your ignorance is not really needed. And yes, it is definitely ignorance.

RC Qualifier
    Sorry double post.
    Last edited by TheDonJuan; 02-24-2013 at 02:31 PM.