RC poster

Gearing questions for 17.5 Novak powered 2wd Slash short course class truck...

Hey guys, hoping i could get some help getting my gearing set. I had a bone stock 12T brushed 2wd Slash that i ran in the stock class but now i bought the 17.5 Novak system to run in the short course 17.5 class. The car did well in my first race yesterday as i took second in the heat but i could tell the truck wasnt flying like it should. I was still a second slower then the 2 main leaders of the class. My gearing right now is 86 spur and 28 pinion. The 28t was the only gear he had at the track for sale so i used it just to be able to race that day. My motor temps were about 100 degrees. And one point it read 130 but i dont think that was right since i couldnt get that temp the rest of the day. Im running SMC 5000MAH 30C constant 60C PUNCH. My fastest lap was 16.9 with 17 laps in 5:09 min. Any help? 30t or 32t? My truck did very well in cornering since i switched to 20wt in front and 25wt in rear with stock and stock slash Kumho road venture mt tires. It really gripped well in the corners where i could pretty much take it at full speed. But in the feature race with the track being worn and slick i noticed the truck was getting squirrely in the corners. I would start fishtailing out of the corners. By the end of the night every week the track is like that for the feature so does anyone have any ideas for tires i could use for a slick track? or setup i should consider? thanks in advance!

Is it a tight small track?
    Or a large one, with long straights?
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC poster
    Its a small tight track

Than I think lower gearing will do you well
    Fast accelaration
    Also helps on jumps
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL