RC poster

WOBBLE e revo brushless

good morning !!!

i have e revo about 1 year... after few months i play with my e revo and starts wobble 4 wheels a little...
    day per day "noise" is bigger. i believe this problem comes from wheels beacause i play at sea sand and from wheel holes takes in sand, and with centrifuge power and different height 4 wheels make this....
    about 15 days after starts wobble the tyres tore and i replace WHEELS and TIRES with new (axial bedlock and big joe) i go to play and the problem is there again... i say ok! i search and i see axiles(stock plastic) wry with my eye. replace with metal axiles and again the problem not fixed..... yestarday night i teardown part part to find the reason for whobbling.

1 replace bearings with new
    2 remove hex and the axiles makes noise (in my lenguage say eight)
    3 remove hub and testing again and see axile have noise
    4 remove the axile BUT i let the axile connector over differential and testing again... the connector (Cups i say) makes 8
    5 remove the cup from differnetial and find the root from my problem

is bosiblle wry Differential Output Gears ?

RC Champion
    Hmmmm Sounds like it could be wheel hex slop but im more thinking its unbalanced wheels. The wheels could run smooth at first but if you get water or dirt in them, they could go way off balance. One thing you could do is put holes in the tires so the water will fling out as thay spin. It works great.

You could check your shock fluid. If your shocks leaked, it would make unbalance wheels VERY noticeable.
    E-Revo MMM-2200 6s

RC poster
    i dont understand very well what you saud FOXPROGT because english itsn't my leanguage ...
    i see and hex ... beacause my hex eaten and i shim hexs from here start but i forgot write ....
    about water or dirt reported at your post forget all is NEW in RC only DIFF remaining to change now ...
    BUT i didn't SEE about your report for SHOCKS but if leaked i see this i believe because my model is very clean!
    no oil/silicone on chanssis

hav you opened the diffs??
    You have new tires & rims, so there shouldn't be anything in them, you could balance the tires.
    You replaced all the knuckle bearings?? With sand they are most likely eaten up..
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC poster
    yes 87 GN i replace ALL BEARING ... i have in my mind the tire balancing but the "noise" IS VERY BIG to comes from tires i open the diff now where speak and searching and afte test again one one diff .... first time i have this probme and takes about 3months beacaause i came from greece and here we havent TRAXXAS ... then i wait evry time from ebay to buy parts and this cost 2-3 weeks

RC poster
    i search e few hours from yestarday.... i find the DIFF is not stable in BULKHEAD... moves little but if you thing the height from tires/wheels and turn power this little move must be transformet to big wobble! xmmm ? did you have meet this problem any one ?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Take the diff out and check those bearings and open it up and look at the ring&pinion also

RC poster
    only onte i have to do...... CHECK the transimision................... then drop in garbage!

can you do a video of what is going on, noise & wheel wooble. The trans could have a bearing out. I had to replace a bearing for the input shaft in the trans...

shaft #3992
    bearing 5116 5X11BB)

RC poster
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKh2Ix_wgnI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_NeeMTNwOc
    here is the problem

87 GN i cant test the shaft if is ok or make "noise" and i haven't any friend to have same model to take parts and test to mine.... and if i replace part part this takes a few months beacause in greece the traxxas is not usual because all shops didn't have stock parts to buy only from the web.

i search on web youtube i find 1 2 same videos with mine but from comment i didn't the solve ONLY 2-3 guys in the world have this problem ?

RC Champion
    hard to tell on the first video but the second video defiantly looks like unbalanced tires.... even tho there not that badly unbalanced.
    E-Revo MMM-2200 6s

RC poster
    first videos recorded from my mobile and not good quality but the second with my digital camer .... so and so guality
    this videos is not mine but i have same problem and its better quality to see the real noise
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2I6cmDIKXs

alla wheels turn like the back right wheel on this video .....

yep that is the battle we all fight, here is what I did to take help the problem.....
    balancer
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post4909771
    hubs
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post4919761

is the ESC keep beeping..........??? what is the beep.......??
    Last edited by 87 GN; 01-18-2013 at 04:19 PM.

RC poster
    87 GN very nice WORK !!!! i am happy for your project !!
    beep cames from "GUN" low battery :PPPP
    now i write and start balancing tires tou see the effective

Balancing.......... will help & so will getting a few runs on the tires, breaking them in.

RC poster
    i take out hub with last part from driveshaft and hex to make balancing i start make turns with my hand and i feel the "noise" in my hand !!!! i say ok i find the problem i try to make balancing with uhu patafix but need very big track and have prolblem .. then start and unscrewing... remove the tire from the wheel i test it again with out tires only wheel and i feel again the "noise" in my hand but very lower because the weight is less .... maybe need some kind lathing to balance the wheels?

(first time i meet this maybe is not good product from axial)

might be more so the tires, that is causing the problem...unbalance...
    match that with the hubs (wooble) & well you see the result.......
    Last edited by 87 GN; 01-19-2013 at 08:00 PM.

RC Qualifier
    It's a monster truck, minor wobble or slop won't make much difference for general bashing, it's essential for touring cars on black top but when a truck is off road on different terrains it doesn't matter.

Get some lipos in there and start shredding shafts.
    Signature removed due to excess awesomeness.

RC poster
    revomikey !!! i like the last you say !!
    look if you have one RC and know how reaction and reaction take 8 months ... i am not crazy to say i have problem and i search for it, about a month. my e REVO have XERUN 2000Kv and with 4s finaly speed is 80klm/h with 54 spur !!! WITH NO WOBBLING !!! today i send one wheel to balancing in lathe if have problem because withe speak with mechanic he say maybe the hole in wheel is not centered... tomorrow i reply for this and i wish FINISH the problem here

RC poster
    i receive the wheels from mechanic and is ok about balance about hole for hex.....

so the wheel hub is centered pretty much.....it should be anyways...
    the Traxxas hubs & balancing the wheels is what is causing the troubles.....
    in time it will get even worse as the hubs start to wear out......

RC poster
    87 GN is possible bent hex ? i see the hex is eaten from inside side and i put shims 050 mm to gather the empty in hub and hex because have a small move this week i have few jobs to deal with my e revo i believe saturday with clean mind and free time i see it again 87 GN where you play your e revo ? favorite place ?

I have that with one of my trucks from cartwheeling, the rim bent around the hex...no matter what I tried I could not get rid of the wobble.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    It's a losing battle, you wont beat the slop. As I said earlier, just get out there and shred some shafts.

Quote Originally Posted by argyris_kav View Post
    87 GN is possible bent hex ? i see the hex is eaten from inside side and i put shims 050 mm to gather the empty in hub and hex because have a small move this week i have few jobs to deal with my e revo i believe saturday with clean mind and free time i see it again 87 GN where you play your e revo ? favorite place ?
    I live in the country, so I have all kinds of terrain to run on. Made a few dirt jumps & a huge berm with my tractor. Live on a paved road so... street action, & speed runs. Have about a half mile of ditch or draw for crawling with the Summit.....
    All that is right around my house..........

RC poster
    like here.... i have beach and mountain in 3 minutes from my home ! street action is bored... up down up down full speed my favorite place is motocross track !!!! huge jumbs !!!! when i fix the problem i buy paddles for sand and snow !!

that sounds like a lot of fun, a sandy beach run, might look at getting a cover. I bought this one.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-ERev...item1e6f63a373

I need to go to a MX track, there is a local track not to far away. One of my friends keeps trying to get me to go for a good bash. Have to wait a couple months till the weather warms up a little bit...

yep street runs get boring pretty quick...

balance the wheels & get them tight on the hubs & run them........

RC Qualifier
    All I run on is sand. I don't bother with a cover.

I think probably the most essential tool in this hobby is a good air compressor. A quick blast of air and it's clean again, taking a little time to ensure the mamba esc is clean of course. Sand is great fun. My erbe is nearly 2 years old now and I am still on most of the original bearings. Sand isn't as hard on the erbe as people think.

Go on 87gn, get out there on the sand.
    Last edited by revomikey; 01-27-2013 at 03:38 AM.

RC poster
    hello guys i dont forget but i haven t time .... i balance the wheels but the problem is not solve NOW i buy 1 DFFERENTIAL and 1 transmision SHAFT OUTPUT ... i wait to take in my hands about 2.5 weeks and i test it again ( but i have the savage xs to play all this time ! :P

RC poster
    here i am again after fewww days... today i received tha pack i change DIFF and center shaft output i test it and ..... no SOLVE about me problem ( i try with 3 different tires/wheels BIG JOE RESPONSE and on road tires ( only hex i didnt change i change half RC .... brbrbrbr

RC Qualifier
    Mine does exactly the same at the left rear wheel, very annoying. And yep, straight out of the box..
    I ordered new wheels + tires and HPP wheel hubs. Should fix the problem, at least hope so. Also plan to balance the wheels, should help a lot too.

RC poster
    i tired very much for this RC its unusual all this ... and i try to change with something else .... i have all metal options on car .... maybe the PLASTIC construction is not so good ... when i see all other factorys have METAL parts.
    i spend to fix problem 100 dollarts . but....

RC Qualifier
    Have you already tried other wheels or hubs? And i guess some wobble in the stock wheels is completly normal, and it will probably settle a little after a few runs