RC poster

jato 3.3 problems

so i picked this jato up for 60 bucks (sweet deal i know!) and it ran and drove well other than it was poorly tuned so i fixed that and it boogies now but there are a few problems with it now.. so when i hat the brakes they stick on badly and i have to push them off by hand so how do i fix that maybe?

and when i was racing it around i gunned it and it sputtered for a second then it stopped moving and sounded like the motor was hitting a rev limiter so i ran over and killed then i started it back up and drove it for a few minuets then it did the same thing.. any idea whats going on with it?

also there are 4 wires in the transmitter box does anyone know what the fourth wire is?

and last but not least i need stickier tires any suggestions on what i should get?

thanks for any replies- Jerry

RC Qualifier
    The motor sounds too lean, back out the HSN 1/4 turn. The brakes should be completely taken apart, cleaned and re-assmebled according to factory spec. You could probably Google around YouTube and find some instructional videos if you are you not sure what to do on that one. The wires are probably for the the battery pass through on/off switch and charging port on the front of the truck. As for the tires, check out the Proline Street Rage/Road Rage (Can't recall from memory) or others. They are all good, not sure about being more sticky but they do last longer.
    --
    Nitro-J-Rod

RC Qualifier
    Street fighter tires for asphalt. They're awesome

Beatings will continue until compliance is gained
    uh oh.... that didn't sound good

RC poster
    thanks, think the tranny slipping could be the clutch maybe? i cant really look at it when it does it cause i kill it right away

RC Qualifier
    Slipper could be loose but if your motor is cutting out it is being starved for air. Generally the HSN is too lean. It could be the LSN but you normally have other issues before it cuts out.
    --
    Nitro-J-Rod