Thread: The Blast?

RC Racer

The Blast?

Hey guys right now I currently own a 1/16 E-revo VXL. I am looking to also get a blast. I pretty much have no experience with rc boats and would like to get some questions awnsered.
    1.Does it have any weak spots that need upgrading?
    2.What are the best upgrades?
    3.Can you use 7 cell batteries in it?
    4.If I upgraded it to brushless what motor and esc should I get?
    5.Does it come with an antenna that sticks out? Should I buy a tqi reciever and use my E-revo remote?
    Thanks for helping!
    MERV, Broken Alias.

RC Racer
    First off it doesn't come with reverse, and you can only run 6 cell batts in it, but if you put a xl5 ESC in it you will have reverse and be able to run 7 cell, thats the best upgrade first off imo, the xl5 fits right in nicely.

And it comes with a old style stick remote with a big antenna, TQi would be nice for sure.

RC Racer
    So would I need a titan motor and ESC? I am guessing yes. Also will I gain any more speed?
    MERV, Broken Alias.

RC Racer
    You can use the stock 20t stinger motor that comes in the boat, just need the xl5 ESC, on 6 cell speed would be the same but on 7 cell it would be faster, I haven't had a chance to try mine with 7 cell yet to see how much faster, water all frozen here still.

RC Racer
    Ok. But to do reverse I would need a new motor right?
    MERV, Broken Alias.

I don't think so, I don't see any reason why. The stock motor should do reverse. To get the XL-5 and titan combo upgrade (You know it's bad when that's a upgrade. ) you can get the XL-5 for $35, and the Titan for $16.

Here's the link to the XL-5... LINK
    And the Titan 12T 550... LINK 2

Or, "if" I upgrade my Slash to brushless, I could give you the brushed stuff for free...
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradens Traxxas View Post
    No, like wolf said you don't need to change the motor, I put the xl5 in mine and I now have reverse.

So I wonder how the 12t titan would work in it? I know that the 20t is slower top end but has more torque, would the 12t have the torque to get it out of the water? now you got me thinking wolf, I have the 12t sitting here that I took out of the digger, maybe I should try it, anyone know how it would work?