RC Competitor

mamba 2 summit rumor

so i heard a rumor that the summit will be coming with a mamba 2 and castle 2200kv motor. i can not at all back this up with any facts. im just wondering if anyone else has hears this cuz im selling my two slash 4x4's to get another summit and not sure if i should wait or just get the brushed version,

thanks dan

RC Qualifier
    If what you've heard is correct, then i wonder what upgrades for diffs traxxas will put on the market for 6s power? Or will they just blow up like they do with the people running brushless now?
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

RC Qualifier
    that probably isn't true, it wouldn't be a proper crawler anymore (cogging)
    What's a coffee if it aint Irish

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by TQi View Post
    that probably isn't true, it wouldn't be a proper crawler anymore (cogging)
    I 100% agree! Cogging would be a HUGE deal. Now if it was sensored that would be AMAZING. I still dont think its true though.

RC Champion
    Heck price alone says no. Add $250 onto the price of a $525 new summit. I cant imagine traxxas selling any tuck for $800 that does not go 100 mph.

But time will tell.
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

RC Competitor
    i agree with all of you and like i said i have no way to back it up i was just wondering if anyone has heard this. i have mm 2200 in my summit and 4s is hard on the diffs i have never run 6s in the summit but it would be carnage.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by noir 522 View Post
    Heck price alone says no. Add $250 onto the price of a $525 new summit. I cant imagine traxxas selling any tuck for $800 that does not go 100 mph.

But time will tell.
    Have u not priced a summit lately? With lipos it's almost 8

RC Qualifier
    It may be available through the power up program but I don't see them putting this system in the summit, like posted above cogging will be an issue as the MMM is not a sensored esc.

Sent from my iPhone 5

RC Qualifier
    A summit with lipos and a MM2 would almost definitely be over 1000 and wouldnt be the same

RC Racer
    The mmm or any brushless setup to me kills the Idea of the summit. No crawling, cogging. And not waterproof. Leave that fast stuff in the revos.
    My posts and summit are a hazard to your health

RC Qualifier
    Like you said gojeepinawillys there are other fast traxxas products on the market, why ruin the summit?

RC Champion
    Now if they upgraded with one of those other Castle speed controller, like that castle designed Holmes BRXL - waterproof, drag brake, punch control, 6S capable with Castle Link programability then that would be a worthy and not too expensive upgrade
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

RC Qualifier
    Canyon ATs are too soft for MM2, this rumor sounds made up.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by gojeepinawillys View Post
    The mmm or any brushless setup to me kills the Idea of the summit. No crawling, cogging. And not waterproof. Leave that fast stuff in the revos.
    The only part not waterproof on the MM2 is the fan.....

RC Racer
    When I see lots of youtube videos of the mm2 underwater not just being splashed I will belive its water proof. The traxxas stuff has been proven good for submarine use. My buddy roasted his mm2 at out local out door dirt track when we were running around just after they watered it. His car was damp, not wet. the summit is fast enuff for me and my driving skills. I dont run it in the open. I hike and trail run it. I dont own any thing that is stock.. Well maybe my cell phone and with the summit its awsome to have something box stock and no urge to upgrade. dont get me wroung I love horse power, I got a big block chevy in the cab of a lil s10. Stuiped power allover. Just myself dont feel the need to do that to a summit
    My posts and summit are a hazard to your health

I think I would choose a Tekin combo over the MM2 combo if I were to put a brushless system in my Summit.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Enthusiast
    But Tekin is not Waterproof....................

You can make it waterproof with some plasti dip...I did that to my MMM and have never had an issue playing around water...I don't submerge my trucks either tho.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Competitor
    i heard this at my lhs and like i said i have no proof to back it and it prolly is just that a rumor 100%. i have never run the tekin but heard its awesome. i have the mm in my summit and with the right settings cogging isnt really a problem for me. i like it