RC Racer

Second Week on Proline Chassis and 2 weeks of bad breaks.

FIrst time at the track with the proline chassis, I broke a proline strut tower which is HARD to break. Second week out there on my second battery around the track I blow out BOTH bearings in the motor. Granted they are not expensive fixes but ones I have never had before.

What transmission?
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by billy-bones View Post
    What transmission?
    Stock tranny

You didn't by chance but oil on the bearings did you?
    That's a a big no no with high speed bearings.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Qualifier
    . By strut tower you mean shock tower right? Not sure about the pro2 chassis towers but those usually break on any slash. That proline chassis is made for looks in my opinion because there are so many better ones for the money. I would get the Anza if I wanted that style of chassis, Otherwise the slice has great custom setups
    'Life is for living, not living uptight'

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by billy-bones View Post
    You didn't by chance but oil on the bearings did you?
    That's a a big no no with high speed bearings.
    nope, not at all. the most i have done is break down the motor and wipe it clean and never felt a bearing binding. then boom one blows out on me haha.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by RallySoob View Post
    . By strut tower you mean shock tower right? Not sure about the pro2 chassis towers but those usually break on any slash. That proline chassis is made for looks in my opinion because there are so many better ones for the money. I would get the Anza if I wanted that style of chassis, Otherwise the slice has great custom setups
    I have no beef with proline. Everything I have put on from them has worked no problem. Before I bought the chassis I was bashing the thing pretty hard and probably weakend the shock tower then.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    Did it break right here?
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Did it break right here?
    No, I dont know how, but it broke on the raised shoulder that the shock bolts to at the top.

RC Qualifier
    I only use proline shocks and chassis on my build. But over 100 packs and ive yet to have a problem other then something is wrong with my front end. But that has nothing to do with the chassis. The chassis is well...the chassis. And I've had no problems with the chassis at all.
    2wd slash, PL LCG, CC 3800, Powerstrokes, S6040

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RallySoob View Post
    The proline chassis is more then just looks...actually look at it and you can see its a tlr 22 chassis. And if they are identical then the tlr 22 chassis is just for looks. Which it is not. I race on a big clay track and before I switched to the proline I couldn't break top 5 in the A main. Now I'm taking second and first consistently. Believe me the chassis works.
    2wd slash, PL LCG, CC 3800, Powerstrokes, S6040

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDonJuan View Post
    The proline chassis is more then just looks...actually look at it and you can see its a tlr 22 chassis. And if they are identical then the tlr 22 chassis is just for looks. Which it is not. I race on a big clay track and before I switched to the proline I couldn't break top 5 in the A main. Now I'm taking second and first consistently. Believe me the chassis works.
    That it does! I am yet to fully get the benefits out of the chassis since I am basicly learning the truck over again because of the chassis and new tires and new servo. and with the recent breaks that im sure are just fluke, i will be getting up there with sc10's and such that race at my track and blow away all the other slashes.