RC Qualifier

Unhappy No More Money...

Well, in December I had over 1000$ that I bought a Summit with. I now have a Summit and a Slash 2wd, but I have absolutely no money left in my stash. I am selling some laser engraved signs I am making in shop class to make some dough, but it won't work. Reason why is because I just blew the tires on my Slash and Broke the Body on my Slash. So, I have to rebuild my Slash now, and right when I look at my money stash I have no money. I only have $75 left, and this is so not enough. I am in the HOLE!!! Lol
    Last edited by Jacob Chandler; 02-23-2013 at 04:55 PM.
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Welcome to RC... when you get up around 10 000 posts youll be so deep you wont know what to do. Hehe.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    This young man needs a credit card!
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

Quote Originally Posted by zippogeek View Post
    This young man needs a credit card!
    That is putting the cart before the horse,,,what he needs is a job
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion
    Job would be a good thing. I know RC is where all my money goes from my job. I have some neighbor kids that sell food drinks and candy at a little stand all summer long and they make almost $200 a week. Another friend made $4000 in three weeks by buying a motorcycle and then just turning around and selling it for more money.
    Slash 4x4 built from Proline RPM STRC TRX and MIP

How's your body bad?
    Just use some shoo goo
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    There is only like 3 points holding my body together. It is broken baaaad. I am also going to make money by taking someones picture of there rc truck and engraving it into an illuminated acrylic sign. Tech Class rocks!
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Chandler View Post
    There is only like 3 points holding my body together. It is broken baaaad. I am also going to make money by taking someones picture of there rc truck and engraving it into an illuminated acrylic sign. Tech Class rocks!
    Great Idea! fyi you really do not need a body to run your slash. It will be just as good without it.
    I rarely if ever run bodies on any rc
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by upbasher View Post
    Great Idea! fyi you really do not need a body to run your slash. It will be just as good without it.
    I rarely if ever run bodies on any rc
    Although you don't need a body I couldn't drive mine without one. I don't like driving a chassis with wheels even if its the same thing as a chassis wheels and a body. I just don't feel like I'm driving a car without the bosy just feels like a piece of plastic driving around.
    Slash 4x4 built from Proline RPM STRC TRX and MIP

RC Qualifier
    First time I drove my slash, I didn't have the body on it. Snapped the shock tower within 5 min.
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC Qualifier
    i find it quite hilarious that all your threads seem to be about not having money yet wanting more.
    kawasaki summit, revo& slash; regular rusty, pede

RC Qualifier
    Me too! I am mowing lawns, working in cherry orchards, and selling some stuff for people this summer, and that should get me about $2000. Then next Summer I am driving combines and working in the winter after school so that should get me around $12,000. I am just not old enough to get good jobs in my town.
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC Qualifier
    so tell me this stranger, how do you figure those numbers?

RC poster
    i recomend getting to work ive put over 250 bucks into my slash within the last 6 months and i used my own money to buy the parts and im only 14 ...rc is expensive

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by i killed kenny View Post
    i find it quite hilarious that all your threads seem to be about not having money yet wanting more.
    haha i said the same thing 12,000 dollars you cant be serious i said the same thing i will make around 200 dollars a week, i got 3 dollars on my bed.. it is easier said then done!

RC Competitor
    I just save up money that I get from relatives, or good grades. $60 for all A's and about $50 from relatives (I'll be getting brushless soon!)

RC Champion
    Go from saving up for a jeep to broke in a few days.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier
    I have a reserve of $100 in my bedroom, so I am not totally broke. I figured those number because I have a frined that does the exact job I am going to do. A plan will work out no matter what though because once I finish buying a new lipo, upgrading my slash, and building the track, I am going to just save and not spend unless it is necessary.
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC Qualifier
    Hey should take pics of your track i wanna see!

RC Qualifier
    The track should be done by the end of June HOPEFULLY!!! I burned all of the weeds and raked the fence line last weekend, but my grandpas scraper has a broken axle so I have no idea when it will be fixed. I am also still looking for the free fill dirt. Here is a picture before I started the clean up, and I have 3/4 of this part of the pasture to build my Track and TTC Course. If you look on the very right past my fence, the first fence you see is how far back I am building too.

Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC Qualifier
    Now you have to have money to fix the axle on the scraper before you can clean the pasture up.
    Welcome to RC it never ends, always something breaking or upgrades wanted. Just figure your always going to be broke if RC is the only place you spend your money.
    Endeavoring to persevere !

RC Qualifier
    Looks like good hard track surface! At least it's not soft and full of manure!
    You ain't bashin unless your crashin!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Chandler View Post
    I have a reserve of $100 in my bedroom, so I am not totally broke. I figured those number because I have a frined that does the exact job I am going to do. A plan will work out no matter what though because once I finish buying a new lipo, upgrading my slash, and building the track, I am going to just save and not spend unless it is necessary.
    you may or may not be working the same hours, working the same days, be payed the same rate, or anything along these sorts... and job owners usually pay part-time workers less than full time workers, which im sure your "frined" is a full time worker where as you will be part time

RC Qualifier
    Well, I can always have a Summer Job and a Winter Job! 2 years ago I made $3000 just from mowing lawns, so I could even do that all day if I wanted too. And I don't have to fix the broken axle... it is my grandpas and he is just going to weld it.
    Last edited by Jacob Chandler; 03-12-2013 at 07:41 PM.
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit