RC Competitor

single servo problem

Hello

I run a savŲx SA-1231SG in my ERBE and when I turn to the left the turning radius is wider than when I turn right, can anyone help me whit that problem?

Thanks.

You need to check for binding in the linkage, unhook the servo and push the wheels right and and left and see if anything is keeping the wheels from moving all the way one way or the other. If not then recenter the servo with the transmitter before hooking it back up to the linkage. Also check for bent or damaged steering rods or ends, they can bend if you crash or cartwheel fairly easily even though they look tough.
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

sounds like you need to adjust the linkage, & reposition the servo horn{up or down a tooth}...maybe
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Also check to see if your carries are hitting from the pillow balls being in too far

RC Champion
    This will happen if you didnt get it set up right on the install. Im not a Savox fan but with any servo if you dont get it set up right and crank down on the steering tie link (part that connects servo horn to steering linkage) to correct it you will end up with more steer in one direction than the other. First things first and I know its a stupid suggestion but I have seen it more than once is make sure your servo is installed correctly and not 180 out. The offset from center of the servo should be going to the rear of the truck. With that verified the best way to set it up is first get you steering squared away, literally squared. With both wheels pointing straight your steering bell crank should be sitting perfectly parallel with the center line of the truck and the linkage coming off of the servo saver should be at a 90 degree angle to the center line of the truck. With that adjusted turn on receiver so the servo will center itself. Get the servo horn as close to being at a 90 degree angle as possible, if it wont go on at 90 degrees go with the first tooth positon with the error being with the servo horn going toward the rear of the truck. Leave the RX on so it doesn't move and adjust the steering tie link so it will connect to the servo horn while keeping the bell crank and servo saver in the same position, parallel and 90 degress. That will get that part as good as you will have and is the proper method for servo and steering alignment. If you are still out after that you steering turnbuckles need adjusted.
    Last edited by JustinThyme; 02-23-2013 at 03:55 PM.

RC Competitor
    Thanks the problem of not equal steering is solved but it still makes al lot of noise when it is full left of right.
    When the car is on its wheels after turning to the left or right it makes the same noise, is that normal?
    Everything is centered and has a 90 degree angle where necessary.

RC Competitor
    Thanks the problem of not equal steering is solved but it still makes al lot of noise when it is full left of right.
    When the car is on its wheels after turning to the left or right it makes the same noise, is that normal?
    Everything is centered and has a 90 degree angle where necessary.

Is the servo making noise? or is it while the truck is turning, grinding noise, popping noise?

If the servo that may be something you have to live with my servo has more throw that the steering allows so I adjusted the endpoints a little. If it is while driving the truck I would look at the inside of the rims, and along the axles to see if they are hitting anything.

RC Competitor
    It is a servo noise like the two stock servo's fighting each other. I can't ride my car now because its snowing here but i tested without riding and if i turn it makes the noise and when i stop turning it still makes that noise.

It's a common issue, really the servo cant get into the position the receiver is telling it to be in. Really just a bit annoying not going to cause any issues with the servo. My savox did the same thing, and now my spektrum does also.

RC Competitor
    Thanks a lot!!

RC Champion
    100% guaranteed with a Savox and why I dont use or recommend them. They are loud, power hungy and fail to center.

My servo recommendations are always...Anything BUT a Savox.

Spektrum is pretty much in the same league.

A good servo falls into the category of you get what you pay for. If you want a Servo that centers, doesnt squeal like a pig and draw your BEC voltage down get a JR or a Hitech.
    Last edited by JustinThyme; 02-24-2013 at 10:35 AM.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
    100% guaranteed with a Savox and why I dont use or recommend them. They are loud, power hungy and fail to center.

My servo recommendations are always...Anything BUT a Savox.

Spektrum is pretty much in the same league.

A good servo falls into the category of you get what you pay for. If you want a Servo that centers, doesnt squeal like a pig and draw your BEC voltage down get a JR or a Hitech.

Which Hitech Servo do you suggest, which servo do you use?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper Wouters View Post
    Which Hitech Servo do you suggest, which servo do you use?
    Im running a JR Z9100HVT

Hitech HS 7950th is also a decent servo for the ERBE

No doubt the JR you use is a better servo, but is it really $200 better than the savox the OP already owns. I would say not a chance. I don't physically drive my truck to work or spends enormous amounts of time with it so I am fine with a little servo whine. For what I paid for my servos I can deal with a little noise. It gets the job done.

My Savox servos are very talkative servos...so is my Hitec.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Just installed a 1232sg and when i would turn quickly it would rob all the power. Fan stops and rx loses signal. And specs say it runs on 4.8v. I made a capacitor and now it works. It slows the fan down if i turn back and forth fast about 4-5 times but i cant see myself steering like that while running anyways.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by rjm2519 View Post
    No doubt the JR you use is a better servo, but is it really $200 better than the savox the OP already owns. I would say not a chance. I don't physically drive my truck to work or spends enormous amounts of time with it so I am fine with a little servo whine. For what I paid for my servos I can deal with a little noise. It gets the job done.
    Not $200 better, Just 125 better. I actually paid nowhere near retail for them. If you search around and dont just jump on the first over priced listing you see you can do much better. I bought a pair of them NIP for $150. Thats right, the same price as the retail of the OP.

The noise is the least of the worries. The power hungry where you have to spend another $25 on a BEC and the problem that you cant fix, failure to center makes Savox an inferior servo to every other servo on the market, including stockers. Dont get me wrong, I tried to cheap out too and in the end after I got past installing the external BEC and the loud whine the twitching and failure to center sealed their fate. The Hitechs and JRs center perfectly without all that noise and they dont twitch.

The stockers get the job done too for a lot less so why bother upgrading?

RC Champion
    Turning is overrated

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by BL-Bob View Post
    Turning is overrated
    Yeah if you have one of those Traxxas Funny Cars. lol.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

I bet the ERBE spends a lot of it's run-time pointed to the air! And besides how many times has someone swerved or tried to correct and ended up hitting something else!

Bob may be onto something.

RC Champion
    Ha ha you guys are great^