RC Racer

how do i water proff my erevo

hey guys a buddy of mine just got a brushless e revo today and he didnt know it wasnt water proff till i mentioned somthin to him so for his sake what is it he needs to water proff and how can he water proff it?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    To waterproof the esc will void the warranty. Did he buy it new?
    You can use Outerwear. It will help in wet conditions

RC Racer
    yup brand spankin new .... outerwear is just that bag like cover over the chassis right ? and just so ik what is it u do to water proff the esc

RC Champion
    Yes, outerwears is my suggestion or you can get the Dusty motors shroud which is a little cheaper.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Racer
    well we live in WI and we have snow now so will he be good to run in snow with the outerwears or is that risky .... and he said he dosnt care about the warranty part of it so what dose he do to water proff the esc

RC Qualifier

I've ran my revo a few times through snow. A few drips of water pass through after a while, but nothing bad. I would say it works pretty well in snow .

RC Qualifier
    Well slap a MM2 ESC in there and you should be set. Just be sure to remove all snow from metal parts before it has a chance to melt so it doesn't rust anything.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by jordankeis View Post
    well we live in WI and we have snow now so will he be good to run in snow with the outerwears or is that risky .... and he said he dosnt care about the warranty part of it so what dose he do to water proff the esc
    I live in MN and I would trust an outerwears in the snow. I've also seen a bunch of videos of running them in the snow. Best suggestion IMO because you never know what can happen with a Castle ESC.

You could try the Mamba Monster 2 ESC but I've head they are having problems with it. Also a more expensive solution.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Racer
    Proof not Proff.... just saying

RC Racer
    I would also recommend the dusty motors or outerwears. Lot cheaper mm2. Used it in snow not a drip of water got through.

I would sell the MMM & buy a MM2.
    Then still run a cover, they are cheap...I don't like all the snow pack on top of the truck, makes it even heavier...
    or

Last edited by 87 GN; 02-23-2013 at 11:57 AM.
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Champion
    Truth be known none of it is water proof. Maybe extremly water resistant. No matter how you slice it you must have an opening of the tops of the FETs to dissipate heat. No matter what you put on it to seal the edges around the tops of the FETs it will expand and contract and possibly crack over time. Best case scenario is a gap will form and allow a path for water or even just condensate to get in.

The outer wears is probably the best solution to keep the water from getting near it in the first place. If you really want to make them repel water even more toss them in the dryer with a few dryer sheets.

RC Qualifier
    Yep, with these high deltas in temperatures it's almost impossible to get it totally waterproof. But a MMM2 + outerwears should be a pretty bulletproof combo, or must i say, waterproof

RC Competitor
    I use a cover for the esc only from outerwears and it is a good thing and cheap. For me it was to place because of the short wires of the esc to the motor.

Do outerwears make such things for a servo my savox isn''t waterresistant, or something else to keep it dry?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper Wouters View Post
    I use a cover for the esc only from outerwears and it is a good thing and cheap. For me it was to place because of the short wires of the esc to the motor.

Do outerwears make such things for a servo my savox isn''t waterresistant, or something else to keep it dry?
    Get the full E-Revo shroud from them.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC poster
    get the new MMM ESC2 it is waterproof

RC Qualifier
    Only a small cover for the ESC also increases temps at the ESC, you're probably better off with the full shroud .

I plasti dipped my ESC...the rest I just blow off with compressed air after I'm finished.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Racer
    You can send the Mamba Monster to castle and do a upgrade to the MM2 plus cash.
    Slash Ultimate
    TLR SCTE 2.0