RC Enthusiast

Slayer pro with RPM slash mud flaps

I just wanted to let you all know that this can be done with out any drilling. I was able to put these mud flaps on my slayer only using the RPM slash mud flaps, 2 Revo 3.3 Tie Rods, and Some Heavy duty Zip ties.

Just screw the tie rods into the Slash mud flap mounts. Make sure they go all the way. Then place it in the Stock rear bumper and Zip tie it down. I ran it a few times and It seems to hold up good.

Here are some pics hope they help.

Thanks
    Cmcarlton267

RC Competitor
    I was looking the part number up for the tie rod is TRA5338. It is 129mm long rod, and the ones that are on the slayer are too short. I have already requested the part from my boss (wife) to pick it up and mail it to me here in Riyadh.
    Summit
    Slayer Pro 4X4

RC Enthusiast
    Yup those are it... I like the zip ties so the a good brake point and won't make the rear bumper weaker. Worst case add and new zip tie.

Also you will have to screw both sides in at the same time and alternate between the two till its all snuged up.

RC Competitor
    Where did you get that exhaust tip? Looks cool!

I'm very interested in that as well as the mud flaps... that truck looks mean!
    ---------------
    Traxxas Slayer Pro 4x4

RC Enthusiast
    It's just a peace of tubbing that's abit bigger then the rubber tube.
    And cut it to fit. Helps keep the oil off the bumper. I messer the tube tonight

RC poster
    that body looks bad. i want one

RC Competitor
    Well I just put the mud flaps on and it looks good and then went out to run the car and now the engine is running and the transmission spins but the Slayer does not move. When I spin the tires the drive shafts moves and all the other wheels rotate. So I either have a clutch problem or transmission issue now. Time to tear it apart and see what the problem is. Any ideas?
    Summit
    Slayer Pro 4X4

Well I just put the mud flaps on and it looks good and then went out to run the car and now the engine is running and the transmission spins but the Slayer does not move. When I spin the tires the drive shafts moves and all the other wheels rotate. So I either have a clutch problem or transmission issue now. Time to tear it apart and see what the problem is. Any ideas?
    Sounds like your slipper clutch is too loose. Try tightening it.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Competitor
    Yeah, I dig that idea!