RC Enthusiast

Question about 3S LIPO 1400MAH for 1/16 EREVO VXL

Hey im getting my 1/16 EREVO BRUSHLESS in a few days and i want to get two(2) 3S lipos! Im pretty sure i need a series connector but is there anything else i need to know or get? And what charger do i need, id prefer one made by traxxas, do they sell any lipo chargers?

Quote Originally Posted by robwit View Post
    Hey im getting my 1/16 EREVO BRUSHLESS in a few days and i want to get two(2) 3S lipos! Im pretty sure i need a series connector but is there anything else i need to know or get? And what charger do i need, id prefer one made by traxxas, do they sell any lipo chargers?
    1/16 E-Revo BL will not handle two (2) 3S LiPos in series (= 6S). It is not rated for two (2) 2S LiPos in series (= 4S) either. A parallel adapter will double your run time but not your voltage.

The announced Traxxas multi-chemistry charger
    (TRA2933 EZ-Peak Plus 6-Amp Lipo/NiMH Battery Charger)
    has not been introduced to market yet.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    1/16 E-Revo BL will not handle two (2) 3S LiPos in series (= 6S). It is not rated for two (2) 2S LiPos in series (= 4S) either. A parallel adapter will double your run time but not your voltage.

The announced Traxxas multi-chemistry charger
    (TRA2933 EZ-Peak Plus 6-Amp Lipo/NiMH Battery Charger)
    has not been introduced to market yet.
    Thanks im thinking about just running 2 2S Lipos (= 4S) or just one 3S Lipo. What do you think?
    And that charger is pretty cool looking any idea when it will come out or how much it will be?
    Last edited by robwit; 11-18-2011 at 08:46 PM.

RC Champion
    look there are two different types of connector to run 2 batteries. One is the series connector this in effect joins your two batteries up creating double power/voltage. you CANNOT use this connector on Li-Po batteries as say you wanted to run 2 2s. well 2s + 2s = 4s and the esc can only take 3s so no. However the other connector is the parallel connector this gives you twice as much run time but same speed (in theory) it's like adding an identical extra fuel tank to a full sized car it'll give you twice the run time. IMO you should start with a 2s lipo as this will give you a higher top end but will still be controllable and wear parts out slower. If you want very high run times get 2 2s packs of identical spec and manufacturer and get a parallel connector otherwise stick with a single battery
    Does more $ = More fun?
    Rustler VXL

Quote Originally Posted by robwit View Post
    Thanks im thinking about just running 2 2S Lipos (= 4S) or just one 3S Lipo. What do you think?
    And that charger is pretty cool looking any idea when it will come out or how much it will be?
    Right now estimates are middle of November to early December and under $100.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Champion
    charger on ebay for 88 bucks. utube has videos runnin 2-2s lipos in series. dont believe me. believe the videos.

stormerhobbies has the new traxxas lipo charger for 77.99 i think give a look i might be getting that.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC poster
    I have ran mine on 2-2S in series. You have to disable the voltage detector. I wouldnt recomend this. I ran it a little to long and balloned one of my batterie. You also run a high risk of smoking your motor or esc.

follow the ratings on the esc and motor on all your rc's and you'll be just fine, if it burns out on a traxxas product follow their ratings then give them a call and see what they will help you out with. but disabling the voltage detector was a bad idea from the start. you were lucky it didnt catch fire doing that.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Enthusiast
    Make sure your esc is on lipo low voltage section mode because it can kill the lipos battery life.
    I have the ken block vxl with the 380 with a lipo so ya.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    The thread is a year old...
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    The thread is a year old...
    it may be but i want to know if the guy didn't take people's advice and blew his erevo.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    The OP has not been online here at the forums since 01-02-2012 01:24 PM.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.