Thread: questions lol

RC Racer
    Im looking for a few things but cant seem to find them
    1. Looking for fittings to go around my water tubes where the hole is drilled in the transom ive seen a few pictures with people who use them here is one picture of what im looking for if u can see them around the water tubes

http://www.google.com/search?biw=128...7enTn8riLbM%3A

2 the other mod im looking for was done in the same picture with the adjustable trim tab with the waterpick up I cant find a trim tab with an extra hole to do that

Actually I found this guys post if anyone could throw me in the direction where to buy the stuff to do these 2 mods from thatd be great http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ds-Ready-to-Go
    Last edited by cooleocool; 02-17-2014 at 08:41 AM. Reason: post merge

RC Qualifier
    The bulk head fittings for the water lines can be purchased on line at OSE or Kintec Racing.

The water pick up trim tab was available at kintec racing, not sure if they still stock them. They are actually made to fit the SV27, but are easily modified to fit the spartan by drilling/filing out the holes a bit.

hog

RC Racer
    Ok thanks bud

RC Qualifier
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ds-Ready-to-Go look at #8 post and it tells you 2 places which both are great companies to buy from

RC Qualifier
    I was browsing Kintec site, they no longer list the trim tab adjusters with water pick up. They do however offer a direct bolt on replacement, dual outlet rudder, for the Spartan.
    hog

RC Racer
    lol

Yeah hog, I was just coming to this thread to see if you guys would recommend the direct replacement dual pick up rudder from kintec

Or if you guys would recommend the longer dual pick up rudder from kintec. It resembles the speedmaster rudder for $27

Witch one would you go with

Ahead of time i would like to thank you guys for your inputs.

This is my first boat up until now all ive ran was on road / off road rc

Im quickly learning that boats are a complete new ball game

the next question would be whats the easiest way to reduce the side to side walk i think they call it chine

longer rudder?

A slight bit more wait in the center of the boat under the electronics sinces that's where the boat plaines out at??

Suggestions please
    Last edited by Double G; 02-19-2014 at 06:45 AM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    i use the kintec direct replacement rudder and it works perfectly.now the chine walk is another ball game lol.you can try moving your batteries towards the front but will slow boat down tiny bit.i have been playing with mine for a year now and just can't get rid of all of it.but i m working on a spartan with the kintec 5" rudder and some other parts and we'll see this spring.and what i did for the torque roll was to lower the trim tab down just a tab more then the other side and that seemed to help alot but i also have the 4 trim tab set up too with the aluminum tabs

RC Racer
    if you could would you be willing to throw up some pictures

Also im gonna PM you my phone number maybe you can call and go over some ideas with me

RC Qualifier
    Here is a sample of the 4 trim tabs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sharing is the best thing to do on EARTH legally.

RC Racer
    ok is it worth it? and does it help with chine at all?

RC Champion
    I think the dual trim tabs are well worth it and they do assist in deterring chine walk when properly adjusted.....
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis