RC poster

Jato's durability?

I was looking on youtube for videos of jato being totally driven in the ground. For the most part I just found people drag racing them not a whole lot of amateur off road videos. I did however run across this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUJx6...layer_embedded

RC Competitor
    I've done plenty of bashing with mine snapped a few a arms and 2 bulkheads also had to upgrade to gtr shocks plastic dosnt hold up well to hard landings so if you fix those points you'll be ok thinkin about aluminum bulkhead although I've broken them on curbs not jumps
    Jato 3.3,Slayer pro

RC Champion
    High jumps at the local box track tore up my brothers jato. One rear shock, the Rear shock tower, transmission case, and something else broke that day. Must have been 15' in the air and landed on the hard packed surface.

I ran mine off road with dirt hawgz and trenchers, didn't jump anything high so it didn't break.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Competitor
    I bash mine all the time, but I spend about 10 to 20 bucks after replacing parts. In my opinion that is part of the fun.
    Check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cVmLPd2Edk the only major upgrades is rpm a arms all around. rpm front bumper and steel drive shafts.
    Just have fun

RC poster
    Nice video. It reminded me we have a skate park near here might be a good place to do some stunts. Since i've learned how to drive I havent had anything break yet besides the front bulkhead and a stripped spur gear. I found mine used and drove it the same day without experience watching it smash into a curb at full speed was great. Having to replace turn buckles a-arms bulkhead and all that on one side of the car was not so great.
    Last edited by Jake30; 02-26-2013 at 02:00 AM.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake30 View Post
    Nice video. It reminded me we have a skate park near here might be a good place to do some stunts.
    Thanks but I must give my GF the credit for recording well.
    Abd yeah the skate parks are a blast