RC poster

My E-Maxx with Savox 1231sg servo, massive glitch buster CAP

Hey all,

I'm new to this forum and just got into RC's with my son a year and a half ago. They sure aren't what they used to be!!

I thought I'd share my photos too. I just installed a Savox SA-1231sg servo (444.4 oz/in @ 6.0V) because the dual TRX2075 servos couldn't turn the Big Joe tires. I ran the truck once without any brownout issues. However, I read of the problems others have had with the high-torque servos alongside the MMM ESC so I had ordered some Panasonic capacitors to make a glitch buster (expecting to have problems with the new servo). The CAP definitely gave the servo a little more response and I'm very happy with it. I am running the Tq 2.4gHz transmitter as well... no problems.

For those who may be interested, here are the capacitor specs for my glitch buster:

Brand: Panasonic P10241-ND
    Voltage: 10V
    Capacitance: 10000F
    Lifetime & Temp.: 5000 Hrs @ 105C
    Operating Temp.: -55C ~ 105C
    Ripple Current: 3.68A
    Impedance: 15 mOhm

Can't get photos to show up. Here's a link:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mdhm7u5pvr314w1/yz-MBlwE7M

Last edited by mikanda; 02-22-2013 at 11:30 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I tried novak's glitch buster with the 1231 and it didn't help at all. So I ended up using a castle bec I took off my revo. Works great now

RC poster
    I'm glad that worked for you. I've read it hasn't for some.
    I added a link to the photos above because I couldn't get them to post.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I run savox 2270 with spektrum glitch buster it works good.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikanda View Post
    I'm glad that worked for you. I've read it hasn't for some.
    I added a link to the photos above because I couldn't get them to post.
    actually that's the opposite -sometimes glitch buster's work and sometimes they don't but an external bec will solve the problem

RC poster
    Maybe. I couldn't say since I've never had one. I've only read on other forums that some have had bad experiences with the Castle Creations external BEC under certain scenarios. My truck is working fine. Never had a brownout and I feel the added storage from the cap has helped power the Savox servo I'm using. Certainly didn't hurt anything.

On a side note, is there a better servo saver than the stock one? I do find that when the tires won't turn, the servo does and just turns the saver. I'd like to stiffen that up a little. Is that a good idea? I don't want to torque and bust other stuff with the servo.
    Last edited by mikanda; 02-25-2013 at 10:09 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I have a Hr servo saver on the way. Stock spring is too weak some have shimmed it with decent results

I have 3 Savox servos and am yet to have a problem with any...never experienced any brownout issues. I have some glitch busters on hand but have no need for them yet.
    Rock n Rolla !