RC Competitor

revo reciver pack question

Can anyone tell me about how long there receiver battery last before recharge? Seems like I only get a few run then I start losing my throttle and brake control. Steering still works but throttle just won't go. Then I charge it and it seems fine again. I'm running the 2.4 height output OK school TX/rx
    Tmaxx 3.3 jato rustler vxl stampede son ova digger

RC Champion
    If you have reverse and the opti drive module, the module might be failing.
    I was getting at least 2 hours of runtime with my 1700mAh packs.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Competitor
    Crud..yeah I do have the opti drive. How would I test that you think? Its weird. My steering always works but just all of a sudden the throttle and brake and I believe the forward rev servo stops as well. I seem to have the same issue with my jato as well tho and it don't have opti on it. Also its brand new and right outta the box had issues with it on alkalines. I bought this revo used and never has been right. Truck does drive amazing but the 3.3 seems a little weak and this stupid power issue with the throttle.
    Tmaxx 3.3 jato rustler vxl stampede son ova digger

RC Champion
    To bypass the opti drive, you will unplug channel 2 from the receiver and then unplug the throttle servo from the opti drive and plug that into channel 2.
    I would also unplug channel 3 from the receiver just so you don't accidentally go to reverse.
    Drive it like that and see if the same issue pops up.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Competitor
    if you got it used then i would suspect the rx pack is not putting out the mah's that it should... the only way to test is a high end charger that tells you how many mah's where put in or pulled out

RC Racer
    also pick up a voltage beeter for about 30$ very helpful in testing and figuiring out aqny electrical problems, which i have had quite a few so i would suggest it, also i have a 1100 mah pack and i get about 2-4 hours however i have a single steering servo at the moment.