RC Racer

warning about the TQi

hey everyone i just wanted tow warn you all about the failsafe for the TQi i bought it ran away on me and the failsafe did not work, i sent it into traxxas and they replaced everything that was broken but just a headsup to check your failsfe befor you run

RC Champion
    Well you should turn your truck and transmitter on before putting the truck on the ground.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Champion
    What kind of car were you running?
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Champion
    Not sure how it happened, glad Traxxas saved the day again with their warrenty service, and thanks for the heads up for everyone!

I must reiterate though, always turn on your transmitter FIRST, then the car, then turn off the car, THEN the transmitter. The Transmitter should always be the first thing on and last thing off.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by krallopian View Post
    Not sure how it happened, glad Traxxas saved the day again with their warrenty service, and thanks for the heads up for everyone!

I must reiterate though, always turn on your transmitter FIRST, then the car, then turn off the car, THEN the transmitter. The Transmitter should always be the first thing on and last thing off.
    Yes, most people know that.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Champion
    Unless its a nitro rc and the engine isn't running. Then it doesn't matter
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

RC Champion
    "Yes, most people know that."

Thank you for that, but this is a forum where posts stay for years, and people who do NOT know that can come across this thread and read that, glad you knew it so well though.

Most people know what the original poster wrote as well, but I suppose you knew that too.

To the OP, have you had any issues again with the new gear?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by krallopian View Post
    "Yes, most people know that."

Thank you for that, but this is a forum where posts stay for years, and people who do NOT know that can come across this thread and read that, glad you knew it so well though.

Most people know what the original poster wrote as well, but I suppose you knew that too.

To the OP, have you had any issues again with the new gear?
    I'm still wondering if the fail safe failed to operated while he was driving or if he has an electric car and didn't turn on the radio and it ran off on him with the fail safe set incorrectly.

All of my receivers had the fail safe set to full brake when I had my nitro cars. With that same setting on an electric car, it will go full reverse, so I had to reset all of my receivers to neutral for the fail safe
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Racer
    What actually was the situation for the OP?

What is this fail safe? I've had Traxxas electric trucks for a decade and don't know about this. Can someone link to a description or manual explaining it and how to adjust it as mentioned above? This is all news to me :what:

Sent from a Galaxy S3, far....far away.

RC Champion
    The failsafe just means: When the signal from the transmitter is lost, the car will not move.

If you don't have a failsafe and you turn on the car without turning on the transmitter, the car receive random noise and think it was told to floor it, or do any other function. I've had - multiple times while testing - the car just suddenly go full throttle in to the wall! So the failsafe is SUPPOSED to kick in and say, "I don't see the transmitter!!! I will not move until I do." It doesn't always work like that.

With my Castle MMP ESC, if I have the car on and the transmitter is then turned off, there will be a quick glitch of the steering of throttle, but within less than half of a second, it will start beeping telling me, "lost connection with transmitter, please turn transmiter back on or turn me off."

RC poster
    Mine took off on me also.... Fk the tqi...