RC Champion

which upgrade from stock brushed?

so when my son gets better with his slash i want to put a brushless system in it but not something to fast. im thinkin one of the ezrun 35 amp combos. either the 3000kv or 4300kv. i had the 3000kv combo in my old bandit and it was great but im not sure how it would be in my sons slash which is heavier. anyone have one in there slash? i know jang did a review on it in a slash but it looked like performance was similar to stock.

RC Champion
    I'm really pleased with the stock VXL system in mine. It's pretty affordable if you do the trade-in. If it's too fast for him, there's always training mode...
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

I think the velineon system is about the best all around system for the slash.Between that and the cc3800,I would go with the velineon.
    I have three of both,and the velineons see far more run time,Then the cc3800's, It's almost to much for the slash.
    Plus the velineon is far more user friendly.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Champion
    the velineon is good but to fast for him and when it is in training mode on 2s or nimh batteries it seems performance is the same as stock brushed on full power. i might just teach him how to charge and take care of lipos and have him run 2s then maybe gear down a few teeth to get a little more acceleration at the track to get over some of the jumps.

RC Champion
    or maybe the velineon might be ok but would have to gear down a bit so it doesnt have all that top speed.

A friend of mine was using a 3000kv motor in his Slash for a short time. Want to say it was a Reedy RTR motor, but not certain. It was a good bit faster than the Titan, but also quite a bit slower than the Velineon motor. Hence why he only had it in his truck for a short time.

Now that 3000kv is in his Bandit and is much easier to control on the track than it was with the 3500kv Velineon.

RC Champion
    not a bad idea. so the brushless system in the sc10 is slower than the vxl/velineon but definitely faster than the xl5/titan 12t? how much is that brushless system?

Quote Originally Posted by redlightrandy View Post
    not a bad idea. so the brushless system in the sc10 is slower than the vxl/velineon but definitely faster than the xl5/titan 12t? how much is that brushless system?
    I'll have to call him to confirm that it was the Reedy motor, but I'm pretty sure. Actually, back when I raced spec SCT there was a guy who showed up with an SC10 and it seemed fast. Not fast like a VXL, but just fast enough that you could see a difference between his and all the other brushed 12-turn trucks. Turns out he was running the SC10 RS with brushless system.

I'll give my buddy a call this morning and make sure on what motor he has.

RC Champion
    I put the Castle sv2 3800 kv motor in my grandsons Slash after the Titan motor gave out. have never put a GPS on it but top speed around 35 mph or less.

He is 8 years old and after he learned to control the throttle, a couple of battery packs, this set up has been a good choice....

On sale the set up sells for around $90 -100.

And yes the vxl/velineon is faster than the SC10 brushless and the Castle 3800 is just a bit faster than the vxl/velineon.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Racer
    Gear it with a 16 t pinion and training mode that should do it.

RC Champion
    the sc10 stock system is to expensive. ill just get him into lipos first then when he gets better ill put my vxl set up in his slash and gear it down. ill end up putting probably the castle esc and 4600kv motor in my rustler.