RC Competitor

T-Maxx to E-Maxx

So i bought a T-Maxx 2.5 for $100.00 and it's a great truck and all but I just don't like the maintenance of a Nitro and continuous tuning not to mention it's not waterproof.....so I am thinking of converting to brushless.

I have found a plethora of information via the net but have to say it is all mind boggling as there are so many options. I like tinkering with trucks and don't have the funds to just buy the brushless E series so I wanted to convert my T over.

I would still like the forward reverse option but want to use this from the motor and not the crappy servo as it does not work half the time. What would be required for this?

Also, I see alot of guys are switching to single speed, why so? I also notice that some are putting the e-maxx tranny in.

Basically I want to utilize what I can with the chassis and suspension components from the T and not break the bank.

I am also thinking of getting the ********* Waterproof 1/8 Brushless Power System 2300KV/120A. What are your thoughts about this combo? I will be running 3s

What other options are there for the T-maxx conversion?????

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Silverdaddy; 02-22-2013 at 10:13 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    sounds good . i would go back and edit the blocked out part before a mod does it for you

RC Racer
    You can get a 3.3 chassis, more room for lipos and such. Brushless motor make enough torque that you don't the the 2 speed trans.

RC Competitor
    It appears that I would not require the e-maxx trans as I can put the TRX5193X Single Speed Conversion Kit T-Max 2.5 and the TRX4994X Forward Only Conversion T-Maxx which would give me what I am looking for, Forward and Reverse via esc