Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Wheelie

  1. #1
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    196

    Wheelie

    I have the velineon on my traxxas slash stocks tires geared 16/90 I'm trying to get it wheelie what do I need to do?

  2. #2
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Buffalo NY
    Posts
    1,330
    IMO, the Slash isn't exactly a wheelie machine...

    Tighten down the slipper clutch a bit. Just be advised, this puts more torque through your transmission and drive line, raising the potential for broken parts.
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

  3. #3
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Austin Tx
    Posts
    360
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback fan View Post
    I have the velineon on my traxxas slash stocks tires geared 16/90 I'm trying to get it wheelie what do I need to do?
    Are u on the stock bfg terrain tires ?? Lipo specs ? I have the 2wd with the castle sidewinder with 3800kv 19/90 gear.SPC 6500mah 50c Lipo and here and there it will pull up a wheelie. But from what I hear its hard with the stock 2.2 tires :-/

  4. #4
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Puttin out a fire
    Posts
    575
    Im running my stock wheels on my 4X4 with stock vxl/Esc, I can wheelie on 3S no prob on pavement.
    E-REVO MMM - Stampede 4x4 6s/3s

  5. #5
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. billy-bones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,855
    +1 on the stock tires,all three of my trucks with the velineon or cc 3800 will wheelie on command,but not with stock tires.
    Quote Originally Posted by JDenham View Post
    Are u on the stock bfg terrain tires ?? Lipo specs ? I have the 2wd with the castle sidewinder with 3800kv 19/90 gear.SPC 6500mah 50c Lipo and here and there it will pull up a wheelie. But from what I hear its hard with the stock 2.2 tires :-/
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

  6. #6
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    220
    get a stampede. Wheelie to your hearts delight.

    Or put your foot in front and do burnouts too warm those stock tires up till they are nice a toasty and quick reverse and then punch it forward.

    Then have fun sweeping up the mangled rear end. Lose the stock tires. Just a little saracasm on this fine Friday morning.

  7. #7
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Central KS
    Posts
    1,071
    Quote Originally Posted by billy-bones View Post
    +1 on the stock tires,all three of my trucks with the velineon or cc 3800 will wheelie on command,but not with stock tires.
    It's a night and day difference to upgrade from the BFG stock tires to good aftermarket tires like Proline Trenchers or Badlands. The stock BFG tire are the worst tires for traction. The tread is too close together. The 4WD slash might have Kumho replica stock tires which have wider spaced tread and perform much better than BFG but still nothing like good aftermarket tires.

    I actually have an old thread on this exact issue and now that I've gone to "good tires" I can wheely at will. I'm running the castle MMP ESC with 3800kv motor with the bigger 5mm shaft and switched to 32p gearing.
    What broke, uh, needs upgrading now?

  8. #8
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    82
    I have the Pro-line street fighters on mine when I run on pavement with the velineon 3500 and have no problem doing wheelies using a 2S 20C LiPo. Looks like changing the tires will give you the boost you're looking for although using a LiPo makes a big difference. Good luck!
    Last edited by rjwenter; 02-22-2013 at 10:58 AM.

  9. #9
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. billy-bones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,855
    You will probable soon find ,that a truck that wont keep the front end down,isn't all that much fun.
    Just like Zippogeek said,the slash wasn't really meant to be a wheelie truck.
    On high grip tracks I find myself putting weight up front,or the front end keeps climbing up in the straights,once the slipper gets hot and starts to grab.
    Plus when I play with my Grandson,I get out my stateium truck,of a name I wont mention,and pull full controlled wheelies all day.
    Still brushed,still am tx and rx,and still a force to be recoded with.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

  10. #10
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Austin Tx
    Posts
    360
    Quote Originally Posted by OlorinTharkun View Post
    It's a night and day difference to upgrade from the BFG stock tires to good aftermarket tires like Proline Trenchers or Badlands. The stock BFG tire are the worst tires for traction. The tread is too close together. The 4WD slash might have Kumho replica stock tires which have wider spaced tread and perform much better than BFG but still nothing like good aftermarket tires.

    I actually have an old thread on this exact issue and now that I've gone to "good tires" I can wheely at will. I'm running the castle MMP ESC with 3800kv motor with the bigger 5mm shaft and switched to 32p gearing.
    What pinion/spur ratio ?

  11. #11
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. billy-bones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,855
    A velineon geared anywhere from 23-86,down with street fighters should wheelie on command.On pavement,at speeds up to 20 mph
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

  12. #12
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    SanDiego, CA
    Posts
    996
    my vxl slash on stock bald tires does wheelies on demand but you need to bump it up to 23/86 gearing, on 16/90 gearing I could only wheelie on a slight incline, or if the tires heat up you could pop 1 on 16/90

  13. #13
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    696
    WHY do you want it to WHEELIE no control OH i get it .. ITS COOL ___________________________ NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! driving it controlling it now that's IMPRESSIVE
    Anza Slash & a pile of Parts

  14. #14
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    SanDiego, CA
    Posts
    996
    [QUOTE=skye;5431548]WHY do you want it to WHEELIE no control OH i get it .. ITS COOL ___________________________ NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! driving it controlling it now that's IMPRESSIVE[/QUOTEt]
    true, it was cool for about a day but you'll get over it my truck still wheelies but I just let it back down and keep driving on pavement, in the dirt the trenchers hook up sometimes and pop the front end up but rarely

  15. #15
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Central KS
    Posts
    1,071
    Quote Originally Posted by JDenham View Post
    What pinion/spur ratio ?
    16/56 or 17/56...
    What broke, uh, needs upgrading now?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •