RC Competitor

Proline Powerstroke shocks mounting kit, is it worth buying???

Hi guys, I have the Proline Powerstroke shocks on my slash vxl and they are Awesome, but recently the top shock mounting screws have been backing out and same with the A-arm screws, so I'm wondering if the Powerstroke mounting kit will stop the screws backing out of the top of shock tower and also wondering what will stop my screws backing out of my A arms, cheers :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Get a pro line or company of your choice hing pin kit,I would go anza.
    Then run a screw thew your shock mount and put a nut on the other end,as in pic below.
    And of course a shock mounting shim in the shock cap.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    I have the Proline Universal shock mount kit on a couple of my trucks and I love it. It makes for easy shock removal on top. Like billy-bones said you can use spare parts to do the same justice. I just find the kit includes everything needed to make it happen.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

I finally found a pic of the truck I had the kit installed on. Don't you hate those times. LOL

Here you can see how I have it run all the way through the P4de shock tower. That sucker is thick.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Competitor
    Thanks diggerpede and billy-bones, you guys have been a massive help and really appreciate it. I will buy the Proline mounting very soon as I am fairly new to the hobby and have no spare nuts and screws laying around but I have another couple of questions. What is the Lunsford titanium hinge pin kit like ( i cant find the anza hinge pin kit on ebay) and will I need more e-clips? Cheers :-)

Everything from hing pins to titanium turn buckles,By Lunsford.
    http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Hinge-Pin-Kit

The Lusford titanium hinge pin kit is awesome. The ony thing is it utilizes the dreaded e-clips. Either be handy with a pair of needle nose or pick up this handy dandy Duratrax Ultimate E-Clip Tool. Another option is the STRC hardened steel hinge pin kit. They also offer an upgraded hardened steel king pin. This is seperate from the kit though.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

I hate them darn things too,but I figured that's about as good as he's gonna get,plus he said he needed more c clips.lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    The Lusford titanium hinge pin kit is awesome. The ony thing is it utilizes the dreaded e-clips. Either be handy with a pair of needle nose or pick up this handy dandy Duratrax Ultimate E-Clip Tool. Another option is the STRC hardened steel hinge pin kit. They also offer an upgraded hardened steel king pin. This is seperate from the kit though.

Quote Originally Posted by kawiboy94 View Post
    ( i cant find the anza hinge pin kit on ebay) and will I need more e-clips? Cheers :-)
    I totally missed that you were looking for Anza stuff. I was actually looking for their c-blocks for a possible upgrade on my Slash or Pede in the future. LOL

They are only sold at HobbyTownUSA stores I believe. Here is a link to the hinge pin set.

☼ ☼ ANZA3640 ☼ ☼

A visual to.

@ billy bones yeah me too. I had to try them on my Desert Rat Slash 4x4 build. Check it out sometime. I can always send a link to it in your inbox if you like.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

That be cool,thanks Digger.
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    I totally missed that you were looking for Anza stuff. I was actually looking for their c-blocks for a possible upgrade on my Slash or Pede in the future. LOL

They are only sold at HobbyTownUSA stores I believe. Here is a link to the hinge pin set.

☼ ☼ ANZA3640 ☼ ☼

A visual to.

@ billy bones yeah me too. I had to try them on my Desert Rat Slash 4x4 build. Check it out sometime. I can always send a link to it in your inbox if you like.

RC Competitor
    I found one strc hinge pin kit on eBay, so I am definitely gonna buy that one ( cause I hate e-clips too LOL ) cheers guys :-)

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by billy-bones View Post
    Everything from hing pins to titanium turn buckles,By Lunsford.
    http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Hinge-Pin-Kit
    thats who i got my Hinge Pins from the didnt fit the Front
    Anza Slash & a pile of Parts