Hybrid View

RC Qualifier

5s parallel harness

i was thinking of doing a 5s parallel harness with maybe 4-5000mah for a total of 8-10000mah has anyone had any experience with this
    6S OR NOTHING............................ maybe 5s

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    that's a lot of weight .where will the extra batteries go

RC Qualifier
    i will mod the boxes for them to fit and i really dont mind the extra weight the truck is pretty light so a little extra battery weight couldnt hurt.

RC Qualifier
    just use a 2s and 3s I have identical ones besides the cell count obviously

RC Champion
    The only way you are going to mod the boxes to fit that much battery is to cut the tops of the boxes out completely and use straps. Ive seen it done but it wasnt pretty.

I think its much better to just use the packs you have and get good packs and a good charger. I can run all day long on 4 packs only needing to stop every 30 minutes to swap packs. Fresh ones off the charger, depleted packs on charge and off again. By the time I run out that set the set I put on charge are ready. You just need a high current charger and packs that have a high C rate for charging. If I fast ahcrge my packs they are ready in 12 minutes but I dont need them that fast so time it and set charge rate to where I will have charged packs in 30 minutes.

RC Qualifier
    ya thats what i was gonna do but im just gonna scratch this idea for now and continue with my 6s

RC Champion
    Im with ya on that decision. Like I said, Ive seen it done and it wasnt pretty. The other factor that I questioned is how much does that weaken the already weak chassis then pour more weight on top of that. There are probably a few hgih mAh packs out there that will fit the Kershaw chassis. It fits a 3s 5000mAh 40C Gens Ace hardpack that is almost 40mm tall. Im fairly sure it will fit the SPC 3s 30C 8200mAh pack at 41mm tall. The loss of severe limitation on pack size was one of the deciding factors on going with the Kershaw chassis for me.

RC Qualifier
    ya im gonna stay stock chassis for now. but ya i think cutting out the top portion could weaken it to much and i would be braking bulks left and right

RC Qualifier
    just use a 2s and 3s in series. super simple.

I've got 4 of each 5000Ah 65C 2s and 5000Ah 65C 3s.

Both batteries have same capacity and discharge. I orginally bought them for 4s and 6s running and thought why not split them for 5s running and its all I do now. you get longer run times than 4s and slightly more power and speed, but not to overboard like 6s is. Since i've stopped using 6s and only 5s or 4s i've hardly broken anything other than a crash into a solid object.

RC Qualifier
    That's not the effect I was looking for I was going for a parallel connection for longer run times but I changed my mind