RC poster

Tips for beginners

Hi I am a beginner at RC trucks and I recently bought the E-Revo Brushless. It came with 6s Li-Po's. What are some tips you have for a beginner?

RC Racer
    Run 4S not 6S

RC Champion
    +1 on the 4s. 6s is monster power, and it will break parts. get to know your rc by reading the manuals. remember these rcs are plastic. some many break easily if you are abusive with them. no matter what you break there is a replacement part for it. all members on this forum recommend rpm parts or aluminum parts to make it more durable. have fun. peace
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Qualifier
    4S + from stock gearing to 18/54 or 21/54 and you will have more than enough fun for now. You can always use 6S later, if you got bored by 4S, which you will not

@^^ Plastic will break, but will flex first. RPM plastics are a great example, very hard to break because of the flex the parts allow. If you would make the whole body out of aluminum it would be bend in no time, and break shortly after. Although some parts could have been aluminum, plastic is a great choice for the revo.
    Last edited by WesleyK; 03-02-2013 at 07:35 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Definitely 4s, 20/54 is plenty of fun without breaking parts.

where to start, Most important, set up the LVC to 3.4v per cell. how to in the third link..& center up the servos to stop the humming...

how to..vid at the end of this post.
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post5394673

welcome to Denewboobafacation... congrats on the new truck, take a few good pic you truck will never look that good again..

AOD's Links Revo

Erevo 101:
    EREVO FAQ

Lipo, LVC, Brushless & Battery charger/charging guides & purchasing links:
    TUTORIALS

Refer to this to setup the Mamba Monster ( MMM ) esc for maximum performance:
    CASTLE LINK GUIDE

Refer to this to find parts, upgrades, batts & chargers etc:
    USEFUL LINKS

And direct from Castle Creations ( the esc manufacturers ):
    MMM FAQ

Driver's ED Manual

LED warning light meanings
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    +1 on reading the manual, I still after years of owning rc's go back and look in the manual, sometimes it gives you a good refresher course. RPM arms when the stock ones break, make sure to break in the slipper clutch per the manual, check all nuts and screws to make sure everything is tightened down. And last but not least have some fun. God bless

Sent from my iPhone 5

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Buy some good 2s batteries. Spc is a good source http://spcracing.com/index.php?categ...3&show_all=yes . I bought their 5400 50c 2s and 3s same mah and C rating so I can run 4s,5s and 6s
    A good charger is important. Its an investment for the health of your batteries. So I bought an icharger better to pay more now so you set for later

A selection of spur and pinion gears. With gearing mentioned above
    A castle link to program your esc

Most important is too learn how to.properly set the slipper clutch and what sound it makes when it slips
    You want to hear a second of slip when you hit it hard on the pavement. It will help to save parts by doing its job

Go out and have a blast...
    Rock n Rolla !

RC poster
    what if mine didnt come with a manual? i bought it used entering the hobby, and still, do not know the do's and don'ts

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by dphillipx View Post
    what if mine didnt come with a manual? i bought it used entering the hobby, and still, do not know the do's and don'ts
    click on product at upper left. find your rc in electric if it is a e-revo, and click on it. then scroll down and on the left is a list. click downloads. then you will see manuals, parts list, and exploded views are found there. welcome to the forum
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC poster
    As one beginner to another, Castle creations have a program to download so you can alter your speed, punch, etc on the ESC thru the field card (also handy for use while out running it). Basically, I found out that the E-Revo brushless jumps a bunch of training steps from brushed to 'rip and run'. My friends and I went out today and we each broke stuff (one expert, one with moderate experience, and squirrelly me) on each of our E-Revo's. And back off to the 4s as others have advised.