RC Competitor

Transmission Shift Point - Can I please have our opinion

Is this shift point correct?
    I was having trouble getting my Slayer to shift into second gear since replacing 36 tooth spur gear with 38, and also accidentally adjusting slipper clutch.

Now I have slipper clutch sorted, I adjusted shift point in my tranny, and Im unsure if its in the correct spot, can you please take a look at my YouTube upload and let me know your opinion?

http://youtu.be/j0i5IxmsrIk

Cheers
    ---------------
    Traxxas Slayer Pro 4x4

RC Competitor
    Seems like it is fine. Might be shifting a bit early, but that is really a drivability question for you. If you're happy with the way it drives I'd leave it where it is.

RC Competitor
    This might be a stupid question, but if you adjust the shift point later does this give greater top speed, and earlier shift lower top speed? Or does this not change that at all?

In other words, does the shift point really matter?
    ---------------
    Traxxas Slayer Pro 4x4

RC Competitor
    Changing it to later will not affect top speed. It will just go to a higher RPM in first before it shifts. The biggest thing to look at is how it reacts when it shifts into second. If it looses a bunch of power shifting into second then you have it shifting too soon. If it has good acceleration after shifting then it is about right. By looking at your video, I wouldn't change anything.

Can't view YouTube at work, but from what others report it sounds alright. Again, if it shifts too early then the engine will bog, too late and you'll hear the engine wind out for a while before shifting--(much like some of the teen Honda owners do with their Vtec engines ) You want it to be a nice even acceleration so that when the engine hits the higher rpms it shifts.
    The Super Derecho