Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    RC Champion
    I think you will be happier with the suprasales tires.
    Everything overpowered...

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aburg2 View Post
    I was thinking about that. You're running the Pro Trac arms with modded axles, right? Did that give you the extra 15mm?

AB
    yep, its as close as it can get
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |_________________ |

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    are those the 30 series roadrage? and what wheels are those?
    They are 1/8 scale street buggy tires, part #9012-00. The wheels are Pro Line 1/8 scale Split Six.

Quote Originally Posted by QYKSLVR View Post
    I think you will be happier with the suprasales tires.
    I like the Suprasales tires, but I want more grip. I've got about 10 packs on these and have worn the rears pretty well. I rotated them to the front. What I like about them the most is they have decent grip, and I can break them loose and drift it with a blip of the throttle. The Pro Lines are a bit taller, so I'll have to raise the body a touch to run them without rubbing. I want to get the best handling & grip I can. I've run the Street Fighters on my Slash, & they are very sticky. So that's why I'm trying these.

AB
    I'll try anything once, maybe twice!

RC Champion
    I have the Street-Fighters also in 2.8 on Deperados (they ballooned waaay to much), I came into posession of the Dynamite Robber Speedtreads (very similar to the street-fighter) in a SCT size (2.2"/3.0") and 2wd offset And I liked them very much for my Rustler when i ran it on the street. But with this power I think they will swell a LOT.
    Everything overpowered...

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Thanks for letting us know how the Suprasales tires are holding up. I Own 4 pair all different tread patterns. The one set im running on my Slash 4x4 have done really good, at least a dozen or more packs on them. I keep it mainly on the grass and that is much less wear than on the road. I think road tires are just going to get eaten up prematurely anyways. As you can tell the stock Rally tires take a beating as well. Once i'm done balding the stockers i'm going to slap a set of those Supra's on.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    Thanks for letting us know how the Suprasales tires are holding up. I Own 4 pair all different tread patterns. The one set im running on my Slash 4x4 have done really good, at least a dozen or more packs on them. I keep it mainly on the grass and that is much less wear than on the road. I think road tires are just going to get eaten up prematurely anyways. As you can tell the stock Rally tires take a beating as well. Once i'm done balding the stockers i'm going to slap a set of those Supra's on.
    You're welcome! I also have the slicks and only drive my Rally on pavement. I'm pretty hard on them, & the slicks break loose with less throttle than the road tires. They drift very well! That could also be because of the power I'm putting down too!!! That 2800kv motor has loads of torque, and with about 5000 RPM more on the top end, it just SHREDS!!!

I also have two pair of off-road tires for my Slash 4X4. I'll be trying those out this coming week when I go camping.

AB

RC Qualifier
    Update on the Suprasales road tires....She pitched a shoe this morning, It could have been a result of a combination of things, namely my heavy throttle finger, and the power of the BLUE motor, but I think she picked up a rock that cut the tire! I only got 1 pack through in a wide open parking lot doing some speed runs and hard cornering with drifts. I was having a blast, when I heard a shudder....I brought her in only to find a rear tire starting to shred. I DON'T blame the tires, as they've given me everything I asked for, & more. Luckily I have another set on order!

AB

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    The others were showing some wear, but are still holding up.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

AB

RC Qualifier
    Those street tires, are they a different compound rubber than the slicks they sell?

Sent from my iPhone 5

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by snookerd1206 View Post
    Those street tires, are they a different compound rubber than the slicks they sell?

Sent from my iPhone 5
    I believe they are softer. I have the slicks too, and they act more like drifting tires, not much grip.

AB

more and more liking the suprasales, i think his getting alot of bussiness with us all i have are 3 sets of slicks and they sure are fun to drift with lots of run time on them. my very first set that i bought are still capable of taking the abuse even though its worn out alot, i compare it with the new one and i can tell the diameter is smaller lol.

They are 1/8 scale street buggy tires, part #9012-00. The wheels are Pro Line 1/8 scale Split Six. AB
    thanks, i saw something like on ebay that will fit on the traxxas 2.8 wheels.

RC Qualifier
    I took a few pics of the worn Suprasales tires, and the new Suprasales tires, and also the new Pro Line Road Rage's. IMO, the Suprasales are great tires, especially for the price! I ran mine VERY HARD, about 12 packs, on asphalt, hard acceleration, braking, and a Lot of drifting, and donuts! I think if it wasn't for the rock or piece of glass that cut my tire, they'd still be going, as SLICKS!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

AB

RC Qualifier
    I have a question about the rear suspension setup. Being that I'm running mine strictly on pavement, does anyone have an opinion on running the rear carriers in the -1.5deg setting as opposed to the -3.5deg? I'm running the XO-1 carriers. I know that the Slash Ultimate comes with -4deg standard with the aluminum carriers, and that works well on dirt.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Note that most of the wear is on the inside of the tire.
    I'm thinking running -1.5deg will help with tire wear.

Thanks in advance for any input!
    AB

Maybe adjust your camber slightly...my eRevo wears tyres the same and that's because I am running -3 Camber in the rear...just a thought.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by MITCH316 View Post
    Maybe adjust your camber slightly...my eRevo wears tyres the same and that's because I am running -3 Camber in the rear...just a thought.
    I'm only running -2deg...but I do have softer springs and 40wt oil in the shocks. I want to allow for weight transfer and traction upon acceleration.

AB

I have my rally set with -1...will get round to testing these settings probably next week some time. Under accelearation its clear from the wear that your tyres are riding on the inside tread.

On the rear, Camber affects two things. In a straight line, maximum acceleration is achieved with 0 degrees of Camber. Adding Camber reduces forward traction slightly, but you will gain cornering grip. So, there is a fine line on rear Camber. Starting at about -1deg is your best bet, and work from there.

While positive Camber is not normally recommended, I have seen some off-roaders us it. This helps get traction to the INSIDE wheel while cornering. I haven’t used this myself, so I can’t tell you from experience if this is a good thing or a bad thing.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    I have my rally set with -1...will get round to testing these settings probably next week some time. Under accelearation its clear from the wear that your tyres are riding on the inside tread.

On the rear, Camber affects two things. In a straight line, maximum acceleration is achieved with 0 degrees of Camber. Adding Camber reduces forward traction slightly, but you will gain cornering grip. So, there is a fine line on rear Camber. Starting at about -1deg is your best bet, and work from there.

While positive Camber is not normally recommended, I have seen some off-roaders us it. This helps get traction to the INSIDE wheel while cornering. I haven’t used this myself, so I can’t tell you from experience if this is a good thing or a bad thing.
    Thanks for the help. I think I'll try the -1deg.

AB

RC Qualifier
    I finally got the Pro Line Road Rages taped, glued and mounted. As you can see from the earlier posts, they are a little taller than the others, so I had to raise the body mount posts 1 notch to prevent tire rub on the body. I also checked the rear suspension settings, I'm going with -1.5 deg toe in, and -1.5deg camber. I ran 1 pack through this morning, MAN, I had to learn how to drive it all over! These tires have GRIP!!! I only put BLUE on its roof once, but she was down on all fours on her own. I have to slow down on corners, and she don't drift like with the Suprasales. I think they're more fun, so they'll be going back on soon!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

AB

AB, whats the OD on that tires? I know the XO is 4.29" suprasales is 3.8 or 3.9".

RC Qualifier
    AB, whats the OD on that tires? I know the XO is 4.29" suprasales is 3.8 or 3.9".
    I'll have to measure them when I get home. I'm up camping, & I brought my off road trucks. I hope to have some vid when I get back. I'll post it on my Slash 4X4 thread.

AB

RC Qualifier
    Good news today, my Tekno's, Pro-Trac Kit, and all necessary related parts for my front & rear track widening came in today. Too bad I won't be home until Tuesday to see them. I may bring all the parts in to work with me on Wednesday to install them. I'm looking forward to seeing how the handling is affected by the wider track. I'll also have to post pics of my PF-8 painted body I got for my Rally. I scored it off ebay, and yes, it's BLUE!

Cheers!
    AB

RC Enthusiast
    waiting to hear how the protrac kit goes, if its worth it. it might be something else i can spend my hard earned on

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by timochy View Post
    waiting to hear how the protrac kit goes, if its worth it. it might be something else i can spend my hard earned on
    I have the kit on my LCG track truck. It works great, I really like the stability it has now. This kit is being used in conjunction with the Tekno/XO-1 driveshafts to extend the width of my chassis to fit my new PF-8 BODY.

ab

Mate...haven't bumped my thread up yet...the above modded shafts work great. Just took my Rally for her maiden voyage, I have a lot of fine tuning to do.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    So what are you going to do with the Rally body now?
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

RC Qualifier
    Mate...haven't bumped my thread up yet...the above modded shafts work great. Just took my Rally for her maiden voyage, I have a lot of fine tuning to do.
    Cool! What kind of tuning are you going to have to do, power, handling? Would love to see vid when you're done!

Quote Originally Posted by Sierravmax View Post
    So what are you going to do with the Rally body now?
    Don't know yet...I actually have another as a spare!

AB

Cool! What kind of tuning are you going to have to do, power, handling? Would love to see vid when you're done!
    The whole dynamics of my truck has changed from using the smaller diameter wheels...I'll document it in my thread as I tackle it. I'll get a video once I have my settings properly dialled in.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    The whole dynamics of my truck has changed from using the smaller diameter wheels...I'll document it in my thread as I tackle it. I'll get a video once I have my settings properly dialled in.
    Just a heads up. If you ever decide to go to GRP or PMT rally tires they are even smaller then the Sweeps.
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

RC Qualifier
    That's why I went with the Pro Lines. I tried Kyoshos, which were shorter than the Suprasales. Too squirrely. The Pro Lines are taller, and have more grip.

AB

RC Champion
    Sorry if this was asked already but what motor is that?
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

Quote Originally Posted by Fr8cture View Post
    Sorry if this was asked already but what motor is that?
    if your looking at the blue motor thats the castle (losi branded) 2800KV 5mm shaft.

RC Qualifier
    Losi 2800kv 550 4 pole.

AB

RC Champion
    Losi 2800kv 550 4 pole.

AB
    Would that be decent on a track in a slash? also what ESC is needed to run it?
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier
    You would need a MMP SCT ESC with 3S LiPo minimum. On 3S it turns about 5000 RPM faster than a 2400KV motor. For racing with a 2S LiPo limit, you would want the MMP 3800KV combo.

AB

RC Qualifier
    The 2800kv castle motor came on the Losi SCTE RTR paired with a MMP. Losi made a deal with Castle requesting a 550 motor, but Castle only had the 2400kv available. So Castle rewound the 2400 and came out with the 2800. It still was not great on 2s due to the KV rating and it had to be geared up to get any speed. I ran with that setup on my SCTE for a little while till I upgraded to a higher KV motor. 3s is the sweet spot for that motor.
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

RC Champion
    The 2800kv castle motor came on the Losi SCTE RTR paired with a MMP. Losi made a deal with Castle requesting a 550 motor, but Castle only had the 2400kv available. So Castle rewound the 2400 and came out with the 2800.
    How do you know that?
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier
    The 2800kv castle motor came on the Losi SCTE RTR paired with a MMP. Losi made a deal with Castle requesting a 550 motor, but Castle only had the 2400kv available. So Castle rewound the 2400 and came out with the 2800. It still was not great on 2s due to the KV rating and it had to be geared up to get any speed. I ran with that setup on my SCTE for a little while till I upgraded to a higher KV motor. 3s is the sweet spot for that motor.
    He may be stating factual details, but seat of the pants details are that my Rally flies with it! I noticed a HUGE difference in speed between the two motors! So now, I have 2 Castle 2400KV motors sitting in a bin. The power of the BLUE motor is phenomenal, just check post #47. It SHREDS tires! I'm running 54/12 gearing.

AB
    Last edited by aburg2; 04-01-2013 at 04:46 PM.

RC Qualifier
    They are 4.5"

[IMG][/IMG]

Or 114mm, lol. Posted the wrong pic!
    AB

RC Qualifier
    Got my wider suspension parts in, also, here's the body I bought. Got it pre-painted, as I have NO telnet for painting!!! I got lucky, it fits in with my MONSTER theme. Dig tha BLUE!!!
    AB

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Also, I picked up a pair of HR XO-1 aluminum diff cups.

AB

Awesome mate...that body looks sweet. I need to sharpen my painting skill more as I have only done a handful of bodies. Looking forward to seeing the end result .
    Rock n Rolla !