Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    RC Champion
    Really liking that body, was thinking about turning my slash into a on-road car but I really don't know how much I would use it.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr8cture View Post
    Really liking that body, was thinking about turning my slash into a on-road car but I really don't know how much I would use it.
    That's what I said, now I'm running in the street more than on dirt!

AB
    I'll try anything once, maybe twice!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by aburg2 View Post
    That's what I said, now I'm running in the street more than on dirt!

AB
    Yea but all I really got is my driveway, I don't live in a neighborhood im on more of a major road way always traffic except at like 1 am.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier
    Great looking body! You are really going to love the new width!
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

RC Enthusiast
    AB, That is an awsome job on the pf8 body, just curious if u used a carbon fiber sticker or a laminate??

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BYRDMAN313 View Post
    AB, That is an awsome job on the pf8 body, just curious if u used a carbon fiber sticker or a laminate??
    I can 't take credit for the paint job, I have NO TALENT for painting! I got it off ebay pre-painted.

AB

RC Enthusiast
    I'm doing up a pf8 too and I'm trying to figure out what to use for carbon fiber panels on the body. That's the look I want but more carbon with green and black. That should looks really good on ur rig can't wait to see it mounted up. Good find!!

RC Qualifier
    I got my Tekno/XO-1 axles together. I also picked up a couple of HR aluminum diff cups. I'm not sure if i'm going to put them in my Rally, or save them for the MT i'm building. They sure look sweet! It's a pity they're hidden!

AB

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

AB

RC Qualifier
    I'm doing up a pf8 too and I'm trying to figure out what to use for carbon fiber panels on the body. That's the look I want but more carbon with green and black. That should looks really good on ur rig can't wait to see it mounted up. Good find!!
    Thanks! I think I got lucky with this one! I hope I don't tear it up.....

AB

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    looking good on keeping the blue theme.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Enthusiast
    Its cool cuz they actually have a blue monster so it works. When I first saw it I said "blue monster theme, that's a first .

here's another body you might wanna try next time, DP8

RC Qualifier
    I was just watching your lean cutting vid, good info. I really like that body, nice!
    AB

RC Enthusiast
    Ok so i was wondering, u have a dp8 body and it fits nicely. Im thinkin the kyosho c6-R vette "not" painted body would fit too, any thoughts guys? thanks.

Ok so i was wondering, u have a dp8 body and it fits nicely. Im thinkin the kyosho c6-R vette "not" painted body would fit too, any thoughts guys? thanks.
    there are 2 kind of wheelbase 1/8 scale body, 1 is 325mm and the other is 360mm. the corvette C6-R body is 360mm but they're all 310mm width.

RC Qualifier
    that's a sweet body, I wish there were more options for bodies, looks like everyone is going to be with a PF8 lol
    Sony Action Camera, My new toy

RC Qualifier
    I picked up a couple of Dusty Motors shrouds, 1 for my Slash 4X4 LCG, & 1 for my On-Road Rally. The rally picks up a LOT of rocks & gravel. I'm hoping my temps don't go up much with the shroud on. It seals the chassis VERY well!
    AB

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    I had to trim the 2 front pieces to fit the chassis.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

AB

RC Qualifier
    One more shot...

[IMG][/IMG]

AB

RC Qualifier
    Is this the lcg version? If so how was the install? Does it seem to seal well all the way around? I want a shroud for my rally. Waiting on reviews. Try to post some pictures after a good bash with it so we can see how much debris you pick up in the chassis. Thanks

RC Qualifier
    Yes, this is the LCG version, it seals completely. The zipper is great, you can access the whole chassis. The shroud as a whole, NICE! I haven't run it yet, so I'm concerned about heat buildup, but it's very light & sheer. Good luck!

AB

RC Qualifier
    I got my 2nd Dusty Motors shroud installed, this one on my RALLY chassis. I put a motor fan on too, to circulate air within the shroud, as I'd been having cooling problems anyway. Going to test it out tomorrow to see how many rocks it keeps OUT of the chassis.

AB

[IMG][/IMG]
    Without the shroud & fan...

[IMG][/IMG]
    Motor on...

[IMG][/IMG]
    Shroud on...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

DONE!

RC Qualifier
    My buddy at VGRacing finally got the 1-piece steel tube chassis brace finished. I've been posting on the Rally Roll Cage thread about it. I finally got mine installed on my Rally & LGC Slash 4X4. There was a question about installing the Stampede RX box, @ DiggerPede & CoreyM, the spacer needed would be 3/8"-7/16" to get it above the brace.
    AB

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Oh yeah, I like that it comes in BLUE too!!!

AB

RC Champion
    My buddy at VGRacing finally got the 1-piece steel tube chassis brace finished. I've been posting on the Rally Roll Cage thread about it. I finally got mine installed on my Rally & LGC Slash 4X4. There was a question about installing the Stampede RX box, @ DiggerPede & CoreyM, the spacer needed would be 3/8"-7/16" to get it above the brace.
    AB

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Oh yeah, I like that it comes in BLUE too!!!

AB
    How is that brace working?
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    That blue VG Racing chassis brace looks awesome on ur Rally man. Very very nice addition to add stiffness.

How are you liking the voltage sensor?? It's so sweet to glance and see that and my motor temps.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    Hey guys! @sean1214, I really like the brace. The one I built used only 2 mounting points, thus was offset to the battery side, making installing/removing a 3S batt a small problem. This brace is perfect, as it is centered over the driveshaft. I doubt the chassis will ever break! I HIGHLY recommend one!!!

@DiggerPede, Thanks! Had to go with the BLUE! And yes, the temp and batt sensors were a MUST! I have my temp sensor mounted on the underside of the motor, with the fan on top. Works out great. I'm glad you're happy with your brace as well.

Cheers!
    AB

I applaud the color selection... great work on the build.

I like the chassis brace even if it isn't needed. I do mainly speed runs on my street and not much abuse happens to my trucks, but I like that brace. And the more I see these Dusty Motors covers, the more I want one of them too.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    I applaud the color selection... great work on the build.

I like the chassis brace even if it isn't needed. I do mainly speed runs on my street and not much abuse happens to my trucks, but I like that brace. And the more I see these Dusty Motors covers, the more I want one of them too.
    If you do speed runs, you should have a brace! One mishap, and, SNAP goes your chassis!
    Thanks for the comments!!! I have fun with this rig!
    AB

RC Champion
    If you do speed runs, you should have a brace! One mishap, and, SNAP goes your chassis!
    Thanks for the comments!!! I have fun with this rig!
    AB
    haha not if your running nimh... nice to know that brace is working good. only if i had the funds

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    haha not if your running nimh... nice to know that brace is working good. only if i had the funds
    Scratch $25 together, it's a worthwhile investment! I've seen guys on a couple of different forums with broken chassis.

AB

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    That blue VG Racing chassis brace looks awesome on ur Rally man. Very very nice addition to add stiffness.

How are you liking the voltage sensor?? It's so sweet to glance and see that and my motor temps.
    Digger, are you running full telemetry on your car? I think Traxxas has the selection for the ET2400, but it would be nice to program Kv into the Traxxas Link manually. I'd like to add my 2800Kv motor.

AB

RC Qualifier
    Hey guys, I picked up a couple of these race temp thermometers. From what I've read, they're pretty accurate. Since I have telemetry installed, I'll compare the two readings.
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I really like that they're very easy to read!
    AB

RC Champion
    Nice build AB!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
    Nice build AB!
    Thanks! It's been sitting for a while, I've been working on other projects, including helicopters.
    I decided to see how it looks without the TRAXXAS stickers...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

AB

RC Champion
    Thanks! It's been sitting for a while, I've been working on other projects, including helicopters.
    I decided to see how it looks without the TRAXXAS stickers...

AB
    I got me some Helicopters, lots of airplanes, now collecting cars it seems...

Looks clean with out the stickers, but almost as if it's missing something

RC Qualifier
    I got me some Helicopters, lots of airplanes, now collecting cars it seems...

Looks clean with out the stickers, but almost as if it's missing something
    LOL!!! It still says TRAXXAS on the windshield!

AB

RC Champion
    Well, then, you're set to go!

RC Champion
    Scratch $25 together, it's a worthwhile investment! I've seen guys on a couple of different forums with broken chassis.

AB
    First I need a motor, which should be coming any day. I think kdvanb on the slash forum snapped his LCG on a small jump, so that will be the next item on the list. Love your build so far, maybe if I wasn't still 15 without a drivers license we could bash together...

RC Champion
    I would think the objective of the brace isn't so much to prevent breaking the chassis, however more to add stiffness to it thus improve handling... I know that's the reason I got one to try.

Stuff is going to break, and strengthening one aspect, only sifts the stress point down the line to something else. A chassis is relatively inexpensive by my accounts.. I already broke one hitting a car tire backwards at 60mph It cracked the rear arch where I don't think a brace would have saved it, and if the brace was in place, maybe other things would have broken as well...

RC Qualifier
    I would think the objective of the brace isn't so much to prevent breaking the chassis, however more to add stiffness to it thus improve handling... I know that's the reason I got one to try.

Stuff is going to break, and strengthening one aspect, only sifts the stress point down the line to something else. A chassis is relatively inexpensive by my accounts.. I already broke one hitting a car tire backwards at 60mph It cracked the rear arch where I don't think a brace would have saved it, and if the brace was in place, maybe other things would have broken as well...
    When I designed my first brace in November of last year, It was for that purpose only. I was noticing scoring on the driveshaft at the front of the chassis, next to the servo. A Traxxas driver gave me the tip, so I built it. Since then, there has been more talk of broken chassis. But the brace, as it is mounted, should prevent a broken chassis in a front end collision, at high speed, but may not save the bulkhead. I also had a collision with a truck tire at around 40mph in my original Slash 4X4. It had a VG Racing roll cage on it. It folded the cage into a "V", but no parts were broken. I was told that you'd rather hit a curb at speed than a tire!
    AB

RC Champion
    When I designed my first brace in November of last year, It was for that purpose only. I was noticing scoring on the driveshaft at the front of the chassis, next to the servo. A Traxxas driver gave me the tip, so I built it. Since then, there has been more talk of broken chassis. But the brace, as it is mounted, should prevent a broken chassis in a front end collision, at high speed, but may not save the bulkhead. I also had a collision with a truck tire at around 40mph in my original Slash 4X4. It had a VG Racing roll cage on it. It folded the cage into a "V", but no parts were broken. I was told that you'd rather hit a curb at speed than a tire!
    AB
    I think stuff is going to break no matte how it goes and what we do.. Luck of the draw. A replacement chassis is less than$20. I could have bought 2 of them for less than the price of the VG brace shipped to me in Canada

Saving the Chassis wasn't my reason for getting one