RC Enthusiast

Stampede 3.3 Conversion

I just want to clarify something. The post on the 3.3 conversion mentions nothing about the 4400 traxxas conversion kit. the 2.5 thread does. do you have to have the 4400 kit to drop in the 3.3 or no?

I never used it for mine, I was able to go from a Pro.15 to 2.5R to 3.3 without ever changing the Mounts or anything you just have to switch the servo and throttle linkage and maybe the brake linkage as well to a longer one which i did all that. the servo just turn it around only. Pretty simple when you get the directions right.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Enthusiast
    Ok so when I look at the pictures on here I notice that the kit comes with some linkages to help with the swap. Can those be purchased seperately?

got it all put in. fits like stock! should have done that a long time ago.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 01-26-2013 at 07:21 PM. Reason: post merge

Quote Originally Posted by 01CivicSed View Post
    Ok so when I look at the pictures on here I notice that the kit comes with some linkages to help with the swap. Can those be purchased seperately?
    yes you can i believe purchase those alone.

Ooh yes i seen that thread and thought i should have too when i got mine then i installed my 2.5R then thought i would try a 3.3 and fit like it was meant for it.
    Beware though with a 3.3 you might want to get the RPM rear shock tower ok and maybe some Slash 2wd (not sure 4x4 fit) rear axles for it as it will have a ton of power in there, i twisted my rear stock tower and RPM didnt even budge at all.

RC Champion
    I did the 3.3 conversion. The only thing you NEED is a jato pipe and header an some throttle linkage
    Pm me if you need help

RC Competitor
    I just did the conversion from the 1.5 to the 2.5R. I purchased the TRA 4400 kit but honestly I would not have needed it for the 2.5r to fit (motor mount brackets were all the same however the kit is also for a Rustler conversion as well). The kit was only $24 so it was worth it for the pipe and linkage. If you have the EZ Start 2 system on the 1.5 it will not work on the 2.5/ 3.3 so you will need to purchase the TRA 5270r (starter/ bracket and wand) kit if you want to have electric start. Everything else is straight forward. I am attempting to break in the 2.5 but cant seem to get the temp up past 125 degrees. Will keep messing with it and post back when I sort through the break-in.

wrap the cooling head with a sock to increase temps or alum foil will work as well but a sock will work too. if you do that just keep an eye on temp ok as they can rise up fast when using a sock. the joys of having a brand new engine to break it in and start fresh! have fun and good bashing not crashing.

RC Competitor
    Mike,
    Thanks for the tip I had some panty hose around it but still would not get where it needs to be. I will try again on a warmer day. There was a noticable miss/ flat spot from half throttle to full and messed with the HS needle some but not much since I could not get the temp up. You are correct the joys of break in suck......