RC Champion

Best way to spend $50.00?

So I have sold a few item's off and now want to spend $50.00 on the rally. Car will be run as a rally car should be on every surface. No serious offroad bashing though. Thinking the Axis brace, T-bone F/R bumper's and Hot Racing motor plate or The Subaru GT body at the local LHS? I think the best $50 to spend now is on the bumper's.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    I really like the bumpers and would recommend them. But if you really want to protect the chassis i'd suggest the Axis brace. JMHO But on another note its kind of a toughy. Do you want it to be more rigid or more cosmetic.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    The best thing you can do with $50 is send it to my paypal account.
    Who needs nitro, when you got LiPo?

RC Champion
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    My feeling is that the front bumper in particular, isnt ideal if you think youll have hard frontal impacts (like a curb). The foam bumper is supposed to absorb the impact. A ridgid bumper will simply transfer it into the chassis. The rear wouldnt be a bad idea since theres nothing there at all really. But so far, I havent needed a rear bumper.

The chassis brace is cool. Not cheap, but if you have or think youll have issues with the chassis breaking its a worth while investment.

If you dont already have one, the Kingheadz motor mount is probably the most worth while upgrade you can get. If you already have it, the brace may be a good idea. A set of swaybars and a centre diff is a pretty great upgrade too though.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    I agree and disagree with pave.....
    if your a basher and you hit stuff, go with bumpers.....if your a jumper like me, id do the chassis brace...
    my next plans are the chassis brace, but i already got the bumpers and the motor mount....and trying out the integy xhd axles...all good so far.
    waiting for Traxxas to make something new!

RC Champion
    Well I have everything Pave listed plus aluminium castor block's, steering knuckles and rear carrier's. I agree about the front bumper Pave, guess I'll be getting the Axis brace.