Thread: Pf8 rally

RC Racer

Pf8 rally

Painted my first lexon today for the rally. Turned out pretty good for my first one. Also installed the axis rc chassis brace. I have the proline arms on the way along with some slash rpm bumpers and a desert militia body. Its going to serve a few purpose and do some shape shifting.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    welcome to the PF8 club lol, i find this body great for onroad use. i could'nt get mine to move at my front lawn the other day with stock suspension and when i got it running on the street...body were scraping the ground, so i put on my spare revo 3.3 suspension on.

| Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Racer
    I have been following your thread, thanks for some great ideas. I am running the revo shocks I found for $20, but I am thinking about changing to powerstrokes for offroad use.

thats a good thing about this rally, just switch a with the suspension and poof......you can go offroading

RC Racer
    Here is my offroading setup .Its the proline desert militia body, with proline trenchers. I also installed the proline protrac kit, rpm bumpers, and the chassis brace. I ended up going with the 2800kv mmp combo also. My stock esc couldn't take the heat. I don't know if I can call it a rally anymore.

you can call it LCG slash 4x4 now then later on when you feel the need of going onroad, swap over.

RC Racer
    Have you ever had any trouble out of the losi combo? I hit a puddle yesterday and still drove to lvc. Then I tried turning the esc on after letting it dry a few hours. It ran for about 5 mins and then shut off. I removed the switch and can enter programing mode but setup in the car I get no power. Any ideas?

i never had that problem but then again i never drive mine into wet surface.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah the Castle MMP does not do good around water.
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sierravmax View Post
    Yeah the Castle MMP does not do good around water.
    I've had some get fully submerged rolling over into a puddle or accidentally run into water.... they were fine. I've also had my share of Mmp's that fried after a bit of moister got into it, like droplets around the chassis....not even close to "wet". Finicky lil suckers, but I have a hard time buying anything else.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Racer
    I took it to the hobby shop to get it checked out. They didn't find much either, I may see what horizon will charge to repair it since its a losi controller. I ended up walking out with a mm v2 though they had for $140.. No more worries about water.

RC Qualifier
    I prefer the Rx8 for all my sensored setups. I do have a Mmp in my Slash 4x4 and T4.1ft, but they are sensorless. And then I have the Xl2 for my X01Gt8 project. A couple weeks ago I went to the track to try out my 8te and accidentally ran my rc8.2e straight through a water puddle. It fully submerged and kept going straight out. I was freaked out and thought I killed my Rx8, but it kept going.
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

RC Racer
    I run a rx8 2250kv in my summit. I love the smoothness of it for crawling but didn't think I would need it in the slash/rally. It has went through a few puddles, but never fully submerged. I put a outerwears cover on it and ran it in the melting snow yesterday. Hopefully the mm2 doesn't make me regret choosing it over the rx8

RC Racer
    I have to give it up for the mamba monster 2, this thing kicks ***. I have been running 19/54 on 3s and 4s. Temps are good with the 2800kv motor. It doesnt do slow driving well, but who drives there rally slowly? I bashed the **** out of it at a construction site and done some speed runs. It just keeps coming back begging for more. I will put up some videos when I can get someone to film.