RC Competitor

Anyone... What side do you have you single servo on & why

Just as it says people.... I want pics

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Right side. Closest to the receiver box
    Didn't even think to mount it on the left!

Last edited by 50togo; 02-20-2013 at 01:16 AM.

ERBE, right side:

Summit, left side:

No particular reasons of importance. Summit already had two servos on the right, so I evened out the number if not the weight. Also, Hitec servos have a long wire, so instead of bunching it up in the Rx box, I ran it from the side farther from the Rx box. You may consider trying to place the servo so as to achieve the best right/left weight distribution. It never mattered a whole lot to me.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    will this count lol, my lipo took over the whole right side.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |_________________ |

RC Qualifier
    Went with the right side as it's closer to the receiver box. Already have a lot of cables passing under the motor for ESC, BEC, fan, and sensors.

RC Champion
    I put mine on the right because Im putting a Tekno RX box that was made to go over the empty servo hole on the left for the REVO and it makes a shorter and cleaner run for the ESC wires to the RX without having to run them under the motor as well as not having to run the servo wires under the motor mount pivot. Box is coming in tomorrow so Ill post up pics once its installed. This is on the Kershaw chassis so the servo mounts are pretty much the same as the REVO 3.3. May take a little modding to get the box on the ERBE stock chassis.

http://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr1002r...-box-for-revo/

RC Competitor
    Nice work guys thanks

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
    I put mine on the right because Im putting a Tekno RX box that was made to go over the empty servo hole on the left for the REVO and it makes a shorter and cleaner run for the ESC wires to the RX without having to run them under the motor as well as not having to run the servo wires under the motor mount pivot. Box is coming in tomorrow so Ill post up pics once its installed. This is on the Kershaw chassis so the servo mounts are pretty much the same as the REVO 3.3. May take a little modding to get the box on the ERBE stock chassis.

http://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr1002r...-box-for-revo/
    Since your putting this on a E-Revo it requires no mod's right? Just bolt on?
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Champion
    Its going on a Kershaw chassis the stock chassis doesnt apply. I would expect it to require a little bit of modification going on the stock chassis as the servo mounts between the ERBE and the REVO 3.3 are just a little different. On a stock chassis I used the blank cover from a REVO 3.3 to cover the empty hole and it required enlarging the holes on the plate a bit to get it the screws to line up.

Im not expecting any modification on the Kershaw chassis as the servo mounting holes are pretty much a dead ringer for the REVO 3.3. Once I have the RX box in hand I can tell you for certain what would need to be done to mount it on a stock ERBE chassis if anything is needed.

I run single servo in all my trucks...all right hand side closer to the Rx.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Champion
    Mine is on the passenger side,
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Qualifier
    i've run all mine on the left side to offset the motor sitting a little to the right but i think i might move to the right since i had to add an extenion wire to make it reach

RC Competitor
    hey hottrodd you got any pics
    do you think that it makes that much of a difference....?

RC Racer
    Run mine on the left, that just happened to be the side closest to me on the work bench when I mounted it. I think with the weight of this car it makes no difference. As much as I've jumped mine, it flies straight and level.
    Who needs brakes!!!!

Here's a pic of the underside with cover plate. As said in post #10...I run all mine on the right, closer to the RX.

Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7f1d22bd.jpg

http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/...psb3b18ff4.jpg here ya go not sure if it really does matter was just my thinking of why to put it on the left
    Last edited by hottrodd1090; 02-22-2013 at 12:08 AM.

RC Competitor
    looks great thanks

I also dont think that picking left or right makes a different as far as weight distribution goes...!

RC Champion
    I run mine on the left side because i had planed on running my receiver and servo off of a battery pack and was going to keep the pack on the right side.
    E-Revo MMM-2200 6s

Like some............ passenger side, just cuz I did not want to extend the servo wire......
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

Quote Originally Posted by 87 GN View Post
    Like some............ passenger side, just cuz I did not want to extend the servo wire......
    Savox must really skimp on the wire.

yes they do
    just long enough to get there.
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    thanks and no after thinking about it,it probably really doesn't matter which side you run it on

RC Champion
    Here is mine on the right. Like I said int he earlier post the idea was to get all the wiring down one side. Well only the servo is on the right. I think Im going to run it under the top plate though after looking at this pic its the only wire beaming out at you. All the other wires are run under the top plate of this Kershaw chassis and down the middle and wire ties holding the harness to the bottom plate support.

I installed the Tekno RX box on the left where the left servo was and Im running a switch in it because Im running a JRZ9100HVT servo and didnt want to use an external BEC for the 7.4V so I made a lead out of a 2s balancing extension and took the male end off and put a servo connector on it. Pic shows 5s installed, 3s on the right and 2s on the left.

RC Qualifier
    looking very nice what motor is that i see in there? keep up the great work

RC Champion
    Looks like a Tekin T8
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Champion
    I have mine on the left (driver side). The only reason was b/c i had excess wire on my 7954 and no space left in the receiver box.
    Its All relative to your perspective.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by hottrodd1090 View Post
    looking very nice what motor is that i see in there? keep up the great work
    Yep Tekin T8 2250kV truggy motor with a Yeah Racing dual tornado fan heatink. Those fans flat move some air. They make a bit of noise too but holy smokes the volume of air they move is unreal. Turn them on and hold you hand at the front or rear of the truck over the shocks and you can feel the air moving out from under the top plate at a pretty good clip. I was impressed!

http://www.yeahracing.com/catalog/ya...er-p-3052.html

Kershaw is actually selling them but this site shows the specs that they just dont. Kershaw site just shows a picture and the can size but I checked up on it at the link above and snagged one.
    Edit:
    The installation of the single servo enabled me to put the RX box up front with lots of room in it to spare to keep the wiring in a tight package and very little exposed. Without the RX box where the old servo used to be I wouldn't have been able to install the heatsink on the T8 cleanly as I wouldnt have had sufficient clearance to get both the motor connections and the heatsink with the fans on.
    Last edited by JustinThyme; 02-23-2013 at 06:03 PM.

Please keep threads on-topic gentlemen. The topic for this one is installation side for single servos.

RC Champion
    Post edited to keep it on topic.

RC Qualifier
    thats my fault i forgot i was not on his thread when i saw his pic i had gotten away from the computer to attend to my grandson so my bad ksb51rl