RC Racer

Got my Tekin 2250 and RX8 installed and WOW!!!!! also 2 questions...

Well I decided to go for it and today I went to my lhs and bought the RX8/2250kv combo. I got it home installed it and drove it around inside the house terrorizing my dogs. In low gear this is just amazing. Smooth as silk!!! I have it geared 19/68 and its great. I took it outside in high gear and it just rips!. I didnt buy the hotwire to program it but the only thing I cant figure out right now even reading the instructions is how to set the lvc and also turn my brakes up. When I hit the brakes it takes it a while to stop they are very weak. If someone could help me out that would be Great!

This combo is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RC Qualifier
    I don't know anything about it but I would imagine it comes with LVD pre-set to 3.5 or around there
    What's a coffee if it aint Irish

RC Qualifier
    I have a tekin B1R in another RC. I caution you as this little guy is factory set at 6.0V for LVC. (3.0/cell)

I'm not saying yours is but be careful, don't want to go ruining a good set of batts.

Also my LVC can only be programmed with the Hotwire so for the time being I'm running an LVA. My brakes on the other hand are programmable from the esc.

Need someone with this exact esc to chime in.

Sent from my iPhone using autocorrect

RC Racer
    That is awesome if you dont mind how much did you pay for your brushless combo?
    ^^Summit Kawasaki Edition and E-revo VXL^^

RC Racer
    I paid $309 out the door.

RC Racer
    I'm at work now I think I may just stop at my lhs on my way home and buy the hotwire. I should have just bought it yesterday while I was there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

RC Qualifier
    Keep us posted on how well you like it, I am soon going to be doing this, when the funds allow. I am running the MMM/2200kv now, but want the sensored system. Good luck and god bless.

Sent from my iPhone 5

RC Champion
    Certainly buy that hotwire! It opens up some pretty big doors for customizing to fit exactly what you need! The cost will be totally justified within a week of tweaking! =)

RC Racer
    I bought hotwire, I wouldn't say its necessary. Look on the left side second page of the manual someone linked. You just push the mode botton 7 times to get to lipo setting. Then you push inc button to change the setting.

RC Racer
    I will keep you posted. I did have a chance to take it out today and run it on pavement for about 45 minutes or so. Im geared 19/68 and I would guess Im easily running about 40-45mph on 4s. I noticed Tekin's website and for this motor it only gives a chart for 4s could I run 6s in this summit if I wanted to? For about 15 minutes or so I put her in low gear and crawled over some curbs and snowbanks and I must say WOW! If anyone is thinking of a brushless sensored system SAVE UP YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY AND GO WITH THE TEKIN!!! I am so happy that I did I want to write a letter to Tekin and thank them for such a great product! LOL. I went by my lhs and they were sold out of the hotwire so maybe I can go to another lhs this weekend and pick one up.

RC poster
    I'm running a stock 1/10 summit with SPC lipos and am very interested in the tekin upgrade you just did. Is the Tekin setup waterproof? I live in ND and run in the snow.....never fully submerged in a creek or anything like that, but my setup does get covered in snow. (ps. my Lipos are double wrapped in a "magnum XL's")

RC Racer
    It is not waterproof BUT I bought an outerwears cover and yesterday ran for over an hour in slush and water and not a drop got through that cover!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2