RC Racer

A Slash for bashing?

I'm looking for a new car to bash around with.
    I already have a Summit and a HBX Surge Truggy.

The Summit is nice, but it isn't that fast, it doesn't jump that high, but sure it get's where you want! (it's the 1/10 scale) I like the Summit, but want something that is a bit faster. When you feel the weight of the Summit (after snowbashing) there is no wonder why it cant jump that high!

The HBX truggy thingy is a pain in the *** to repair. And it's not waterproof.

Since i already have a TX for my Summit, i might go for a platinum edition. Buy a extra RX and maybe a 3s lipo. Im not quite sure if my current 2s lipos that i use in my Summit will fit in the Slash tho?

Guess i have to watch a bit more youtube vidoes...

RC Racer
    Don't use the 3s. I did in my platinum and had nothing but issues. With the 2s I can run all day.

If you upgrade to Mip X-Duty axles, most of your 3s problems will go away. What all have you broken?
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Qualifier
    I love 3s in my Ultimate. Stock motor, esc and all other electronics. I did modify some revo half shafts. Luckily the temps have been in the 30's and 40's recently! If looking to bash in the snow, the body covering the chassis will only hurt as far as added weight goes. I run a fender-less body in the snow, and still manage to ad a few pounds!!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    If you upgrade to Mip X-Duty axles, most of your 3s problems will go away. What all have you broken?
    Stock motor 2 times. Axles, Motor mount stock and Traxxas aluminum, gears and bearings. 2s may not be as fast but, its better than working on it more than useing it.

RC Qualifier
    I ran my stock 4x4 driveshafts with stock wheels and hubs on 3s for about 4 months and did some decent bashing and good speed runs (have a h/wing 2000 and 21/54 gearing so it goes fairly quickly) and only ever broke one shaft (which amazed me as I had also previously heard that they would not stand up to the rigors of 3s). I think it depends on quite a few factors (how and where you plan to use your truck, your driving skill level & control etc.). IMO, it would be best to use your truck first and upgrade as and when required.
    Always get a 2nd Opinion!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugs View Post
    I ran my stock 4x4 driveshafts with stock wheels and hubs on 3s for about 4 months and did some decent bashing and good speed runs (have a h/wing 2000 and 21/54 gearing so it goes fairly quickly) and only ever broke one shaft (which amazed me as I had also previously heard that they would not stand up to the rigors of 3s). I think it depends on quite a few factors (how and where you plan to use your truck, your driving skill level & control etc.). IMO, it would be best to use your truck first and upgrade as and when required.
    I said the same thing until i went to 4s. Then i was breaking driveshafts like crazy. but i ran alot of 3s too without any problems. All depends on the driver.
    Slash 4x4 MM2 2400kv

RC Champion
    I truly think the slash 4x4 is the most durable and capable platform out there.
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dknuckles View Post
    I truly think the slash 4x4 is the most durable and capable platform out there.
    Good to hear!
    Do you know about the size on the batteries?
    They fit snugly in my summit.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by rvenes View Post
    Good to hear!
    Do you know about the size on the batteries?
    They fit snugly in my summit.
    Just measure your battery's and match them to the battery box spec's.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Racer
    Well... Now i have the Platinum edition in the mail.

What about the durability low chassis vs normal chassis? Is there any difference?