RC Enthusiast

Vxl esc and a 4 pole motor ?

Does anybody know if the vxl-3 can run a 4 pole motor like the Castle 1410 3800kv ?
    On tour - 2 wheels/2wd/4wd

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Technically it will spin the motor. But it really doesnt like it. it doesnt work properly at all. Many have tried, all have concluded it doesnt work.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Enthusiast
    Thank you very much for the info..I guess i'll just bite the bullet and get the whole sidewinder kit.
    On tour - 2 wheels/2wd/4wd

RC Champion
    The Sidewinder ESC is not a good match with any motor in the rally. it is just to heavy. You'll be better off with the MMP esc.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by I EAT DIRT View Post
    The Sidewinder ESC is not a good match with any motor in the rally. it is just to heavy. You'll be better off with the MMP esc.
    i disagree - the sidewinder sct 3800 on 2s is fabuluous! Mine is geared 11/54 - tons of torque, not too much top speed and the motor/esc temps are sweet

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    The new Sv3 is rated for use up to a 3 cell Lipo. I have not run one to confirm how well it does. I do know it does not include a fan like the later Sv2's did. You should be ok to run it with it. I would highly suggest a MMP though. They are a more capable controller. Its perfect in the sense of performance in a small size. I'm hoping that Castle will include the MMP as a WP upgrade in the future. It's probably one of their most popular.

BTW I sent in a couple of burnt up controllers and getting back a couple of the nw MMMv2 WPs.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore