RC Enthusiast

Engine turning over, but no glow plug spark!

Hi, I am a noob to nitro RC, and I recently bought a Tmaxx 3.3 on craigslist. I can hear the engine going put-put-put when I put the EZ start in, and the flywheel starts spinning. This happens as long as I hold the red button down. However, I cannot see the glow plug getting orange (am I even able to see that) through the top of the engine. (It is a relatively new plug.) Any ideas on what the problem might be?

RC Qualifier
    the glow plug gets orange on the bottom. Does your easy start use the blue wire to ignite it or do you use a seprate igniter? either way take the plug out and test it
    I gave up golf for this????

RC Enthusiast
    I use the blue wire to ignite it, also I forgot to mention that I have been having some recent OWB problems, if that woudl have anything to do with it.

Air, fuel, glow and compression. Engines need all four of these. You can test a plug by putting it in a glow ignitor or attaching the blue wire to the top and holding the threaded portion of the plug to an unanodized portion of the block (make sure the yellow wire is attached to a mounting screw).
    The Super Derecho