RC Enthusiast

Nitro Slash Review

I just got my Nitro Slash, I've had it for about 2 weeks now. Breaking in the engine went smooth. After break in I made some adjustments to the suspension, put in the new glow plug in, and cleaned the air filter. The truck has been so much fun I am no pro at driving it but in handles very well. Its extremely fast! I have a track where I work, its half dirt half asphalt and has had some very impressive run times.

Some complaints I have.... On the 6th tank of break in you are supposed to run the truck full throttle and keep it their for 2 second. Well I did that and the and the whole truck caught some air and did a backflip and skidded on its brand new shell for about 15 yards....

Second the tires have already come detached from the wheels..... I don't think this is normal, but then again im no pro..

Overall I am enjoying my truck I can not wait to take it to the track this upcoming weekend. More Pictures to come.

One big pro!!! It is the easiest nitro truck I have had to clean!!!!! And I'm a clean freak so I love this.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroPower03 View Post
    I have a track where I work, its half dirt half asphalt
    Where do you work, Heaven?

Congrats on the purchase. Glad you're having fun with it.
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Enthusiast
    I work for Hampton Golf, but there is a huge boat parking lot behind the Water Front pool that I have access to. And its usually empty. Its loads of fun!

RC poster
    Right now I have a T-maxx 2.5 and I am wondering if the slash is better or not since I really like the design more than the tmaxx and I think rally trucks look cooler than some monster trucks.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by hunting4u2 View Post
    Right now I have a T-maxx 2.5 and I am wondering if the slash is better or not since I really like the design more than the tmaxx and I think rally trucks look cooler than some monster trucks.
    Well it depends on how you drive the truck.... First of all the nitro slash is probably going to a little faster because it has the 3.3 engine in it. It will also handle better on the track and will just race a lot smoother. But if you are just bashing your truck, the T-Maxx 2.5 might be better. Especially if your T-Maxx is 4X4. But to tell you the truth I was also really attracted to the body style of the Nitro Slash so I went ahead and bought one! And I haven't regretted it at all!! My buddy has T-Maxx 3.3 4X4 and we both enjoy ours a lot, mine is still faster than his stock!!! The Nitro Slash also has less parts to break!! But overall both trucks are built by Traxxas.. Meaning both trucks are GREAT!!!