RC poster

Steering Blocks question

I'm new to this ....... I see front steering blocks are sold in packages of two. They are advertised as "Left and Right". Does that mean that either one can be used on the left or right side? Or is each one specific for one side and the other. If that's the case, are they marked "left" and "right"? Thanks!

They are marked left and right.And can not be used on either side.
    They must go on the side their marked for.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC poster
    Thanks. I thought we looked pretty good and could not find a "L" or "R". Might need new glasses.

RC poster
    Also, can you buy a bearing puller tool to get the bearings out of the block? Or, is there a trick to easily get them out? They were stuck in there pretty good and we went at it with a little screwdriver. Finally did get them out. But I was afraid of damaging them with the screwdriver, and it took quite awhile.

RC Qualifier
    Shouldn't be bearings in the castor blocks. The bearings should just pop out easily. If they are stuck, they might be rusty and need replaced.

RC poster
    Thanks. I actually meant the two bearings that are in the plastic steering blocks. The Slash is only a month old. Those are the ones we had trouble with.

RC Champion
    Sometimes the bearings are a little tight in the carriers, but as you did with a small screwdriver or awl with some friendly persuasion, they'll come out.

The bearings should be ok if you turn them and they run smooth, no grinding etc.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC poster
    Thanks, Dennis. I'll just have to make sure my grandson doesn't translate "friendly persuasion" to a 2 lbs hammer! You know how they can be. I saw by your other posts that you have 3 who are into R/C's. So far I just have the one. And so far all I do is watch him run the car for 20 minutes and then help him fix whatever breaks for the next hour. No time for Grampy to play (yet......). I'll get there thought. Thanks again for the advice.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexGrandpa View Post
    Thanks. I thought we looked pretty good and could not find a "L" or "R". Might need new glasses.
    I couldn't find one either. I fixed two Slashes with one package of two and both were fine.
    P.S. it was the same side, so it couldn't have been a fluke.
    English. If you can speak it, type it.

RC poster
    Slasher555 Now, that's interesting. Leans more towards the theory that they can be used on either left or right side. Oh, well. I got a lot to learn.