RC Champion

camber and toe link cleaning/restoring?

noticed that the ball/rod ends on the camber and toe links are a bit dirty and suspension doesnt move as smooth because of it. i dont want to just put a few drops of lube on the ball ends and call it a day cause i dont think that will help enough. im thinkin of just pulling the links out and removing the balls so i can clean and get all the dirt off and out then reinstall and lube. think this will be enough to get it moving smooth like it did new or will it not help and i would just need to get new ball and/or rod ends?

RC Champion
    well i guess ill just pull the links off and take them apart and clean them instead of buying new ones. also gonna pull out all the wheel bearings and clean them too. probably will clean the 12t titan as well cause my son runs it in the dirt all the time.

RC Qualifier
    I have seen videos or the balls being waxed/polished. Thought about doing this to mine but it seems tedious.

Sent from Oser world

If their really that bad,pick up a new bap full,for about five bucks.
    And make sure your control arms aren't the issue,the pins get dirt in them and cause moment issues,and if you run stock type axles? They definitely knead to be removed and cleaned regularly.
    Last edited by billy-bones; 02-20-2013 at 07:35 AM.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by billy-bones View Post
    If their really that bad,pick up a new bap full,for about five bucks.
    And make sure your control arms aren't the issue,the pins get dirt in them and cause moment issues,and if you run stock type axles? They definitely knead to be removed and cleaned regularly.
    +1. A new bag of rod ends is cheap enough that there's no real point in trying to service your old ones. Plus, if they have dirt in them, the rod ends are probably worn and cleaning them will most likely just expose the wear and you'll end up with clean rod ends that have excessive play.

RC Champion
    didnt know the rod ends were that cheap. ill just spray them off this time around and order a bag of new ones. does anybody use the rpm rod ends?

It is a bit time consuming.. but you can take em apart, the balls off. use a q-tip soaked in Simple Green, and wipe inside the rod ends, with the balls removed. Than the steel balls, you can clean them much easier by soaking them all in Wd-40, than reinstall... You wont have to clean them individually. The wd-40 even removes rust.
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..