RC Qualifier

My new to me emaxx

Let me start off by saying i have owned 3 maxxes before. 3906, 3908, and a 3905 that was dewalt powered but eventually got a mmm and made it a 3908. Those are all gone and all i had was a 1/16 revo. Its too small for me. I sold it and bought this roller for $250. Has rpm arms and bumpers, trx black linkages, lundsford hingepins, trx center steel driveshafts, 1/8 truggy shocks, and max mashers.

I ordered a savox1232sg for steering, mmm2 waterproof esc and black castle motor, and ***** 5s lipo

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Nice truck, I love the emaxx it's my fav truck,, I don't see a wheelie bar you will need it.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That will be a good project!

a wheelie bar is needed for sure. i needed it bad as i destroyed my body without it.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    Nice buy! That MMM setup is the ticket. I'd love to run mine in the snow. Too chicken to plasti-dip....
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

just get a waterproof esc like the HW WP 120a its the same thing as the MMM/MMM2 same rated amps at 120a just smaller and just a little less quality as well but atleast you can run it in the water.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    pick up an outerwear

RC Qualifier
    I thought the new MM2 was waterproof?
    Always get a 2nd Opinion!

RC Champion
    nice shock setup. how does the 4 shocks compare to the original 8. nice e-maxx. hope to see a vid of those shocks in action.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugs View Post
    yes the new MMM2 is waterproof.

RC Champion
    it is suppose to be. who truely knows what is waterproof. like 50 mentioned pick up a outerwear or dusty motors cover. i got a dusty motors cover for my e-maxx, and outerwares for my summit. not only does it keep out water, it keeps dust off your electronics.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ajcar View Post
    it is suppose to be. who truely knows what is waterproof. like 50 mentioned pick up a outerwear or dusty motors cover. i got a dusty motors cover for my e-maxx, and outerwares for my summit. not only does it keep out water, it keeps dust off your electronics.
    Any Motor Temp Issues with the Outerwears?
    Always get a 2nd Opinion!

RC Champion
    Any Motor Temp Issues with the Outerwears?
    i cant say no 100%. its winter time at he moment. it was 15 degrees out yesterday. i was running my e-maxx hard yesterday and no heat problems at all with the cover on. im running a hobbywing 1800kv/150amp sensored on 4s lipo. at 25/62 gearing.

RC Qualifier
    nice shock setup. how does the 4 shocks compare to the original 8. nice e-maxx. hope to see a vid of those shocks in action.
    With my previous maxx's, i hated the 8 shock setup, i dont think its strong enough for the weight of the truck. Mine used to bottom out easy on small jumps and sag all the time. The 1/8 shocks seem to be much better. I was throwing it off my bed and seeing how it landed and was impressed. When i get everything installed i will get a vid

RC Qualifier
    I saw a castle advertisement picture and the mmm2 was completely underwater.
    The only thing is they state that the fan is not wp. You have to take it off when running in water

RC Qualifier

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by josh62685 View Post
    sploossshh. lol. me likey.
    Last edited by ajcar; 02-19-2013 at 03:29 PM.

RC Qualifier

Well i have everything installed. Tried a 2s lipo from my merv to test the steering but it didn't work well. Light on reciever kept turning red when i would steer. Maybe remote batts are low or mmm needs more than 2s to send out proper bec voltage? Will see when 5s comes in

RC Qualifier
    Well i got the 5s lipo in and just as i suspected, dosent fit a battery tray. Will end up making my own out of aluminum and mounting sideways behind motor. Only option i see. Its too tall and hits the tranny.

RC Qualifier
    Figured the servo problem out. It was so power hungry than when i would turn the wheel quickly, the fan would slow down and reciever would lose signal. I bought a capacitor at radioshack and soldered a connector on and plugged into the reciever. Now it only slows the fan down if i turn the wheel back and forth fast about 5 times. But i wont be going that crazy with the servo anyways so its all good. Now just to find a place for the massive battery.

RC Qualifier
    Decision is made. It will be sideways right behind the motor. Will make an aluminum tray and spray the inside with plastidip. Tray will be held by screws and battery will stay in tray with velcro straps.

On a side note. The wires on the battery make the power wires on the mmm look very skinny lol.

Last edited by josh62685; 02-24-2013 at 05:57 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Battery box is made. Box screwed to chassis. Foam on inside to cushion battery. And top of box is held on with thumb nuts. Feels very secure.

Looking good .
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Hows the front to rear weight ratio?

RC Qualifier
    When i drop it about a foot, the chassis sinks evenly. Didnt get a chance to run it yet

RC Qualifier
    Just had a chance to run it and am very happy with it. Motor temp was 125 and esc was cool. Weight seems balanced while running.

RC Qualifier
    After a few runs i realize that it is a little top and rear heavy. Im working on something else now. A metal box where the right batt. Tray is.

RC Qualifier

RC Qualifier
    Battery box is complete! Made out of steel and sprayed it with a whole can of plastidip. Handles awesome. Now some pics...enjoy!