RC Champion

my sons first time at the track.

ha ha so my 9yr olds first time at the track today. needless to say he needs a lot more track time and practice. he was all over the place and never got off the throttle. after giving him crap a few times and giving him instructions he got better. we had a good time even though i spent a good portion flipping his slash over and getting it unstuck. also gonna get him a set of track tires cause he was sliding everywhere.

RC Qualifier
    What kind of track? What is your sons setup?
    2wd slash, PL LCG, CC 3800, Powerstrokes, S6040

RC Champion
    well prepped clay track. it had a very small amount of loose dirt on top i think cause they just re-made the track. his setup is stock.

RC Champion
    Congrats on the father-son time! R/C cars have given my son and I some extra time together.
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Enthusiast
    I was going to put my sons car in training mode for the track, but hes 5. The 9yr old would notice. Just a thought

RC Qualifier
    +1on training mode and like you said some new tires. Bar codes. Suburbs...etc whatever tire is used at your track.
    2wd slash, PL LCG, CC 3800, Powerstrokes, S6040

Start em young,my Grandson just turned nine yesterday.
    I'm still a bit leery about taking him to the indoor track,hoping the weather will break soon and we can go to some of the outdoor tracks,while none else is there.
    That way it's him the track,and the trees.And a lot of spare parts.lol.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Qualifier
    Starting a 4-H Club here in NJ have my Daughter involved going to be building a track at the 4-H fairgrounds soon cant wait to get it started i have about 7 kids including mine that are in the club last night we went to a 4-H Basket Auction and i put in for the R/C car they had there it was a arrma raider i ticket is all i stuck in the bucket and i won the thing now i have a new beater and its NEW still in the box sealed think i will do the first upgrade and put the VXL system on it then it might feel close to a Traxxas

https://www.facebook.com/groups/324956180934948/
    Anza Slash & a pile of Parts

RC Champion
    ya. im also gonna put some non progressive springs and a little thicker shock oil so it handles better too.