RC Champion

throttle issue with xl5 slash. bad esc?

ok so my sons slash would not want to move. the transmitter was set back to default and that switch next to the steering wheel is at 50/50 like it was before and thats how it came out of the box. it would not move. steering always works though. i noticed though that the esc was flashing green which i think is throttle trim or the receiver isnt getting signal or something. the flashing green i think is a little different between the xl5 and vxl esc but this is an xl5. i know its not the motor cause i connected a brand new back up 12t motor and i get the same. when i move the switch on the transmitter from 50/50 to the other side which is i think 70/30 then the light on the esc goes to red and the throttle starts to work a little but when i try to go forward it goes backwards fast and when i move the trigger forwards to try and go backwards it goes forward but very slow. so what i did just to get it to move a little so my son can mess with it was switch the motor wires. this is not normal. the switch should be at 50/50 and everything working normal with no reversed throttle. is it bad transmitter, receiver, or esc? maybe the receiver and transmitter need to be binded again?

RC Qualifier
    start from scratch and calibrate everything, my bro got a older pede w/ the yellow xl5 and when you'd turn right it would go left and he had no reverse(it wasn't in racemode), so I calibrated it and everything works fine he has the same transmitter as well

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by redlightrandy View Post
    ok so my sons slash would not want to move. the transmitter was set back to default and that switch next to the steering wheel is at 50/50 like it was before and thats how it came out of the box. it would not move. steering always works though. i noticed though that the esc was flashing green which i think is throttle trim or the receiver isnt getting signal or something. the flashing green i think is a little different between the xl5 and vxl esc but this is an xl5. i know its not the motor cause i connected a brand new back up 12t motor and i get the same. when i move the switch on the transmitter from 50/50 to the other side which is i think 70/30 then the light on the esc goes to red and the throttle starts to work a little but when i try to go forward it goes backwards fast and when i move the trigger forwards to try and go backwards it goes forward but very slow. so what i did just to get it to move a little so my son can mess with it was switch the motor wires. this is not normal. the switch should be at 50/50 and everything working normal with no reversed throttle. is it bad transmitter, receiver, or esc? maybe the receiver and transmitter need to be binded again?

Rebiind

http://traxxas.com/support/Programmi...-Speed-Control
    Anza Slash & a pile of Parts

RC Qualifier
    here you go quick, easy, simple vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id-TyKAQOxw

RC Champion
    i actually just reprogammed the throttle on the esc and it fixed the problem. thx for the help though guys. ill keep the suggestions in mind just i case for future reference.

RC Racer
    I have a problem with the button sticking in the down position. Always look for that some simple green and a good blow from the air compressor does the trick so far. Real frustrating the first time it happened.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Next perce View Post
    I have a problem with the button sticking in the down position. Always look for that some simple green and a good blow from the air compressor does the trick so far. Real frustrating the first time it happened.
    WD40 on the button works better
    Anza Slash & a pile of Parts