RC Qualifier

Left driveshaft problems???

alright for awhile now my slash has been turning to the right and I have no idea what it is, it's really starting to get annoying, my trim is perfectly fine my front wheels are facing straight, also my slash turn right a lot sharper then it does left, right now I notices my right driveshaft spins full power and the left barely rotates at all is this normal I'll post a quick vid

RC Qualifier
    ok so it's not letting me save the vid, I'm sure you get the point when I hit the throttle the left driveshaft doesn't rotate at all, right about when I'm full throttle it'll barely rotate and the right 1 is spinning full speed

RC Champion
    check for binding, damaged drive shafts, missing pins. it could also be a broken gear in the diff.do you do a lot donuts?
    Last edited by BL-Bob; 02-16-2013 at 04:39 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I'll check but not donuts a lot but I do bash pretty hard

RC Racer
    very likely a sheared gear or pin any recent hard landings about when the problem came up?

RC Qualifier
    it seem fixed now I took off the tires held the right drive shaft so it couldn't spin and the left one was getting full power then after doing that a couple times they were both spinning but the left one slows down faster but at full throttle they both seem to be getting all power

RC Qualifier
    another thing ever since I installed my rpm hybrid gearcase w/ the 0degree mounts my left side has almost no toe in while the right side is normal like when it comes out the box w/ original toe in

Do you have the other mounts that came with the rpm case?
    I doubt you did,but make sure you didn't accidentally put the left one on up side down,on the 3 degree mount,that would give you o toe.
    And you might have a bad planetary gear in your diff.
    Quote Originally Posted by XRated View Post
    another thing ever since I installed my rpm hybrid gearcase w/ the 0degree mounts my left side has almost no toe in while the right side is normal like when it comes out the box w/ original toe in
    Last edited by billy-bones; 02-16-2013 at 06:57 PM.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Qualifier
    yes I got the 0degree and 3degree mounts, I have the 0degree ones on and I double checked to make sure their both on correct, it seems fine now but some times after running it seems almost lined up w/ the front, well I'm going to go right now to a bash spot so I'll see what happens when I'm done

I figured you had it right,just trying to figure out whats going on.
    yes I got the 0degree and 3degree mounts, I have the 0degree ones on and I double checked to make sure their both on correct, it seems fine now but some times after running it seems almost lined up w/ the front, well I'm going to go right now to a bash spot so I'll see what happens when I'm done

RC Qualifier
    yea I understand I'll take some pics and post em when I get back

RC Qualifier
    just got back from some light bashing, I guess the toe in is less on the left side but maybe it just looks off to the eye cause the truck handled pretty well, the only thing is after I turn right the truck swerves slightly to the right until I turn left then it moves straight but I'm pretty sure it's the bell crank cause it's stock and it has a lot of play

Your servo saver may be shot,I don't use servo savers,or your bell crank could be shot?
    The second pic is what i use for bell cranks,they come with bearings and everything you need,this one is to replace on two years old,its not broke,im just board,the last pic on the left,is a way to go with out a servo saver, and still have a bit of give.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    just got back from some light bashing, I guess the toe in is less on the left side but maybe it just looks off to the eye cause the truck handled pretty well, the only thing is after I turn right the truck swerves slightly to the right until I turn left then it moves straight but I'm pretty sure it's the bell crank cause it's stock and it has a lot of play