Is today Summit day?

I'm a 2wd slash racer,don't even want to talk about how much I have invested in my three trucks.
    But I find myself sitting around a lot ,waiting for racing season.
    The Summit sure looks like a way to get rid of the board-em,I like the locking diffs,and two speed trans.
    I can get the TRA 5607L,for $640 from my lhs.
    Watched all the videos,Now I would like to hear real life good,and bad points about the truck.
    Weak points,maintenance,thing of this nature.

First let me tell you I don't need speed,but don't want a crawler,The summit seems to give you a bit of both worlds.
    So before I drop $640 + Michigan extortion fees,Oh I meant tax's. Please let me hear the good and the bad.
    In fact more bad,as I have seen most of the good, about the summit.
    Thank you!
    Billy bones.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

I've always wanted a summit...

From what I know there's no real problems
    Be careful with the brushed motor
    The tires balloon like crazy...
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    Good thing about summit is going everywhere, as long you keep on the brushed motor it will be bulletproof, downside on the small servos the horn or gear usually breaks or worn out but you can prevent this by hitting your high or low knob from the TX while the Sum is running to make sure on the engaging. I have mine for 2 years and got another one.
    Old

New
    Sharing is the best thing to do on EARTH legally.

RC Racer
    Theres really nothing bad to say about this bad truck its really an all terrain monster truck. I havent had one issue with mine yet ive had it for about a year now.

Traxxas has a strict language policy. A word filter operates to change inappropriate words to *s. When you see these in your post, you MUST edit them out.
    -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 02-16-2013 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Language
    ^^Summit Kawasaki Edition and E-revo VXL^^

RC Champion
    See this thread. It left me unequivocally convinced that I need a Summit. Still $700 short.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ghlight=summit
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by zippogeek View Post
    See this thread. It left me unequivocally convinced that I need a Summit. Still $700 short.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ghlight=summit
    I'm trying really hard to find a reason NOT to order mine today. After reading the thread you linked, I kinda feel like I should just order it and go enjoy doing something else today!

I don't have as gnarly terrain here as many of you, and that concerns me a little. The thing that draws me to it is that it fools people into thinking its expensive. It's not, what other RC of any brand could you truly use box stock forever and just replace what wears/ breaks? It's a terrific value if you ask me. So many RCs are upgrade pigs, and then you realize they have such a low resale value. And I mean, I'm all for doing upgrades but I hate high dollar trucks that need mandatory upgrades just to be reliable. If I found I just didn't have the right terrain, I e seen the resale value of these and I like my chances. Tower has the version without lipos for $560 shipped after coupon today, and I just bought new 6500 lipos and have others so I don't need the li-po model. I think I'm gonna have to do it. I might regret it but I'm not gonna live with the not knowing because if it works out it might just be the best I ever bought, and I've had a little of everything but this.

I would have to do a fair amount of grass running, but truthfully it looks like a great truck for that. Most 1/10 scale trucks just get tossed all around on grass areas I run.

I'm pretty sold on this thing

RC Champion
    ill be summiting in the snow in a few minutes. just waiting for my nephew. 1/10 summit, 1/16 summit fun this afternoon on hard packed snow. should be a blast. im gonna try do a vid with big summit, and mini me summit. lol peace
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by mepster View Post
    tower has the version without lipos for $560 shipped after coupon today
    i must...show...self...control!

Here, this helped me alot, and it might just push you to the breaking point... LINK
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    Here, this helped me alot, and it might just push you to the breaking point... LINK
    You're not helping. My marriage, that is...

You're not helping. My marriage, that is...
    Ok, then here comes the divorce! 2ND LINK
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Champion
    just a quick 3 minute vid of my summit on hard snow/ice. ice sucks unless you have chains. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ihedd_Q90q4. plus a pic of my camera velcroed on the front a-arm. that is usually in action. . im still uploading that vid for the on board mini cam. so i dont know if ill get to add it. it makes me dizzy watching it anyway. the mini cam is only useful if your going slow. lol
    Last edited by ajcar; 02-16-2013 at 03:56 PM.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.